Which Brand Is Good For Laptops???????

narafa

I personally like Dell. I tried Compaq, and it's not good and not bad, something in the middle. My boss at work have a compaq too, but it's pretty good and reliable, he is a very heavy computer user as we are an IT company, the notebook has been working very fine with him for 2 years till now and nothing at all, no problems.

Another fellow worker has an LG Notebook and it's very good too, slim, reliable and seems robust.

Apathetic

I'd say HP and Compaq. Sony is a little more expensive. Dell is a good option too, but IMO I'd go with HP or Compaq.

chainzawz

Try Averatec it is a new company and there laptops are good for everything check it out i had gotten one and i absolutely love it no problems tec support rocks try it!

tweaker

VIP Member
chainzawz said:
Try Averatec it is a new company and there laptops are good for everything check it out i had gotten one and i absolutely love it no problems tec support rocks try it!

Are you selling them? :)

Lax

VIP Member
flame1117 said:
He's 14.....
Yes but he has an ad in computer sales. Doesn't mean he has/doesn't have them but he's advertising.

As for a good notebook I'd take a look at emachines. They make some pretty kick ass notebooks for a reasonable price.

Edit:: It seems as if they stopped making them, not entirely sure though.

Last edited:

apj101

VIP Member
plus you get the flashy eyes,

i recently just bought a vaio B1VP, got i really cheap. And im v happy so far

lilm3boi

I have an Dell 8600 and I love it. Good battery life, beautiful screen, and I got a good graphics card in it. I've heard good things about SOny's too.

ripken2004

i have an hp pavilion ze4125 and wow its nice, only wish it had a better graphics card but it 3 yrs old so i cant complain, the hp's are relativaly cheap compared to the other brands and they are made with pretty good parts

the dell laptops ive seen are nice but arnt really "portable" because they are pretty big

Byteman

Malware Destroyer
I see mostly HP's come in the shop for repair, don't buy one. I also have 2 Toshiba's that are still running (about 10 years now).

The_Other_One

VIP Member
I've got a desknote. It has some minor problems, lacks a batter(mostly a mobile desktop) but really nice otherwise.

Averatec's do seem nice. I have considered selling my desknote and purchasing one of those. Not sure how reliable they are or how long they last, but the specs/price certainlly seem great.

My brother has had his Compaq for about 6 years or so and it's still...ok. The HD had to be replaced and his mouse buttons are all messed up. Other wise, I beleive it's been a decent system. Dad got a used HP about a year ago. It was pretty nice, but the screen acts up on him.

Toshiba is probably the best brand I've seen, or Sony. I've not really used them, but I have seen many older Toshiba's still chugging away. And my old Toshiba PDA was GREAT! I just returned it due to it's crappy battery life ^^;

Classic_house

I just Got an ACER and i am very happy!

Aspire 1674WLMi

Mobile Intel® Pentium® 4 processor 3.4GHz HT technology(800FSB/1M) (Prescott)
15.4" WXGA WideScreen colour TFT LCD with 1280 x 800 pixel resolution
1024MB DDR333 Memory (2x512) Upgraded to DDR 400
80GB HDD
DVD-RW Duel Drive (+/-) Internal DL
64MB ATI MOBILITY™ RADEON™ 9700
5 in 1 Card reader
3D Stereo Sound
Wired & Wireless 802.11g LAN
10/100 mbps ethernet
Li-lon battery (Up to 1.5 hours usage)
3.4Kg in weight

Software: Windows® XP Home, Norton Anti-Virus 2003, Power DVD, NTI CD/DVD-Maker
I/O Ports: 4x USB 2.0, S-Video, Firewire, 56k Modem, Audio in/out, Infrared, PCMCIA slot

Not good Battery life but i am using it as a desktop replacement so not so important!

Very happy with it!

zerox

My experience say, stay clear of compaq and if you have the money then go for Dell.
I have a Fujitsu Siemens and i'm realy happy whit it, works good and i can recommend it. But in the end it's just to look for the best offers.

wx6872

I like Dell.
It's not bad from appearence and i have 8600 and it's nice.
and the price is reasonable.

AMDCam

Compaq and HP are great, Compaq for gaming and HP for pictures and video stuff. Compaq is also really, really cheap for what they give you and it's all quality. The only reason I'm saying that is because I was doing research on laptops for about 3 months about 3 months AGO, and Sony's way too expensive, gateway has always sucked, dell jacks up prices, has bad quality unless you pay for an XPS series notebook, and is overall not a good company, and everyone else didn't have the power I want. There are actually a couple companies out there that sell at even better deals (Cnet tells you about some) and can compare to Alienware with notebook power, the only problem, sometimes they don't build them right and refuse to help you out (with Cyberpower and iBuyPower, just about every customer said that, but the ones that got it right loved them). So look around, but if you don't want to do research, just look at HP and Compaq.

Last edited: