Which Brand?

Enjoihcky24/7

Hey,
This is my first post. Over the summer I have been working and I have about $700.00. Obviously i can't buy anything decent with this amount but, I am still saving. I'd like to know which brand name I should get. I'm 15 and My primary use for this laptop will be gaming, however I also would like to be able to burn dvd/cd's. I also use dreamweaver to make websites. As I have a digital camera I would like to be able to use programs such as photoshop. I also am into music and would like space for my music selection to grow. I use itunes to manage the music (I have an iPod). Currently I only have 4gigs of music. I really want good graphics and speed. I want to be able to use wireless internet but, I currently do not have a wireless internet router. For when a cable internet connectionis available I would like to be able to plug into that as well. Also I do not need a huge screen, 12" or 14" would be fine. My main focus is speed and graphics. I'd greatly appreciate some guidance. Thanks!

Edit: I would like to spend $1500 or less but if I absolutely have to I'll spend $1800. Again I'm not buying soon, but within the next few months.

Last edited:

alanuofm

VIP Member
you should probably read some of the posts on laptops. many have been about picking out laptops. so give those a read first. you don't need to spend more than 1200$ to get a really good laptop.

Enjoihcky24/7

Thank you both for your advice the Hp one looks like a good choice, but it seems like it is very large (17"). Am I paying for the extra size. I ahve been reading several of the posts. And it seems like the dell 600m fits what I want or doesn't it? I have plenty of time so I am in no rush lol.

alanuofm

VIP Member
just shop around. dell usually has some really good deals especially with x24 posting that 40% off coupon code.

Geoff

VIP Member
good graphics for gaming would be 128MB and up, and an ATI 9600 or better, not sure about nVidia though. The ati X800 and nVidia 6800 are great choices for laptop graphics.

Enjoihcky24/7

geoff5093 said:
good graphics for gaming would be 128MB and up, and an ATI 9600 or better, not sure about nVidia though. The ati X800 and nVidia 6800 are great choices for laptop graphics.
Ok thank you very much for the info.

X24

an X800 isn't a great choice, there are only p4 laptops with them in there, so i wouldn't search for one of those.
Dells will generally give u the best deals, but they aren't neccasarily the best.
If u see a nice laptop with like an X600, such as that new gateway one that u can get from bestbuy for 1250 sicne its on sale, and u get to pick out 3 of any games or select programs or something like that for $50

alanuofm

VIP Member
X24 said:
an X800 isn't a great choice, there are only p4 laptops with them in there, so i wouldn't search for one of those.
Dells will generally give u the best deals, but they aren't neccasarily the best.
If u see a nice laptop with like an X600, such as that new gateway one that u can get from bestbuy for 1250 sicne its on sale, and u get to pick out 3 of any games or select programs or something like that for $50

the x600 is an iffy video card

X24

Yes, the X600 isn't the highest preformance, but it will give you pretty good preformance for the price.

Enjoihcky24/7

futuresplash26 said:
www.getgiftsforfree.com

When you buy a 2-pack of Cell Phone Signal Boosters, you are entered into the waiting list for a free gift of your choice (your chosen cell phone, ipod, xbox, ps2, etc). When the required number of new members join, the person currently at the top of the list will receive their chosen free gift.

The waiting time for a free gift depends on a number of factors, including your choice of free gift, the length of your waiting list, the number of people you introduce and the amount of interest in that particular free gift. The amount of time you have to wait for your free gift depends on your position in the waiting list. For example, if your chosen free gift requires 19 sales before your free gift is sent out and you are 5th on the list, you will have to wait for 19x5 sales. If on average 6 people sign up everyday, you wait approximately 16 days.

I bought 2 cell phone boosters, and i got a cool computer. All i spent was $40 for the boosters. It is no scheme, there is a catch. You have to wait a few weeks to get it. You don't have to buy anything else. You don't have to do anything. If you are an impatient person you can do what I'm doing to speed up the process. If you are unsure, just give the site a visit. there is a link at the top of the post.

Sounds like a pyrimid scam, and you just got lucky. :rolleyes:

wensk

No its not...

I know other folks who have done it. I don't have the patience but others I know have gotten iPods, etc.

ilovefishsticks

You could buy a laptop off newegg.com for 700 bucks. it mite come with only 256 ram and small hard drive but u can upgrade those by urself. Just make sure it has a decent video card because that is somthing you cant upgrade.