Which card. Only two left.

Geoff

VIP Member
Well the two 6600GT's would perform better. But the x800GTO is only ~$20 more, and performs much better than a single 6600GT.

But those are AGP, and you cant SLI AGP cards.

bigsaucybob

I personally dont see why this is even a question, I would get the X800GTO no question.

It might have lower clocks speeds but it has more pixel pipelines.

Geoff

VIP Member
bigsaucybob said:
I personally dont see why this is even a question, I would get the X800GTO no question.

It might have lower clocks speeds but it has more pixel pipelines.
You do know he asked if he should get one x800GTO, or two 6600GT's right?

bigsaucybob

[-0MEGA-] said:

I realized that after, but like you said: They are AGP cards so that leaves SLI out of the question.

If you were willing to spend $260 on 2 6600GT's then I would say get a new PCI-e motherboard and an midrange pci-e GPU.

Filip

bigsaucybob said:
OoOoO, lol that could be very true. Good find.

And it is true, lol

X800GTO, even if it lacks SM3.0 it still performs better and it's worth buying.

bigsaucybob

filip-matijevic said:
And it is true, lol

X800GTO, even if it lacks SM3.0 it still performs better and it's worth buying.

Yea, lol that was a funny mistake.

Refer to my first post, it makes sense now.

Fankango

[-0MEGA-] said:
o am i am sorry man, i see my stupidity now. i am only getting one card. when i said only two left i mean i have gone those so many cards i have narrowed it down to two to pick from. i am sorry. so i am either going to get one or the other. i know nothing about cards and those seems to be the best for for the price.

Geoff

VIP Member
Fankango said:
o am i am sorry man, i see my stupidity now. i am only getting one card. when i said only two left i mean i have gone those so many cards i have narrowed it down to two to pick from. i am sorry. so i am either going to get one or the other. i know nothing about cards and those seems to be the best for for the price.
Ohh i see, for a minute there it looked like you wanted to SLI some AGP cards :rolleyes:

The x800GTO would be a much better choice.

Geoff

VIP Member
Fankango said:
ok thanks, by the way what is SLI?
It's nVidia's way of using two video cards at once, one card to process one half of the screen, and the other card for the other half. It gives you almost twice the performance (Actually more like 80%)

mgoldb2

VIP Member
Actually more like 80%

If you look hard enough you might be able to find a example of 80% but almost every benchmark I have ever seen has been 50% or less performance increase(most of the time less).

Geoff

VIP Member
mgoldb2 said:
If you look hard enough you might be able to find a example of 80% but almost every benchmark I have ever seen has been 50% or less performance increase(most of the time less).
I guess you could say anywhere from 50% or up, but theoretically it's suppose to be about twice as fast (not that it ever does).

Geoff

VIP Member
mgoldb2 said:
Even that would be too generous. Lots of times it less then 50% advantage.
Depends on the program, since some benchmarks may be around 50-75% better, but some older games may not take full advantage of SLI, and thats when it may only be running < 50%