Which case to get?

vonfeldt7

I'm looking at computer cases for my upcoming build, and for the longest time, it has been this one. My friend got this one and he seems to like it (its huge, and cooling is fantastic). I think it's a little bit to ..."boxy" for me...so I was looking around and found this one. What I really like about this case is that it not only looks nice, it has a removable tray for the motherboard/other components. My only question is cooling. Does anybody know how this thing will (or should) cool? It's not nearly as big as the Xclio case above, so I was a little hesitant.

Also: Don't recommend the Antec 900.

stevenson140

When looking at cases, these where the ones I was looking at:

Full Tower:
Cooler Master Stacker 832
Thermaltake Armor (Ended up getting this one, and havent had a problems yet)

Mid Tower:
Antec P182 (This was my choice for mid tower)
NZXT Apollo (This was my second choice for mid tower)
Antec 900

_simon_

Don't worry about case size when it comes to cooling. If you use decent fans then it will be fine. As I've mentioned in other threads in the past, I went from a Thermaltake supertower with 9 fans to a 2 fan micro case and the temps are the same.

JLV2k5

I know this is a little off topic but how do you post a link that is actually words containing the link, such as what vonfeldt7 did with his case links. Thanks

_simon_

I know this is a little off topic but how do you post a link that is actually words containing the link, such as what vonfeldt7 did with his case links. Thanks

Click the URL button, enter the URL and press ok. You then see the code in your text box. Simply change where it is repeated to what you'd like the link to actually say.

Like this: *URL="http://www.computerforum.com"]Clicky[/URL]
(I've changed the [ to a * so that I can show you.)

Bronson7

Hi, Von. To me, the Cooler Masters (Centurion) are the best value in boxes. They're not real fancy, but elegant. I have bought three of them. No psu, 120mm in the back and an 80mm in the front, blowing right over he HDs. Tooless drive bays work great, but the tooless pci bays still need a screw to attach (no biggy). They have a very airy design and the two stock fans are relatively quiet. Just my suggestion.
Bronson7