Which Case

Rit

Well you go from a case that's $40 to one that's $160. If you don't have a budget, like chupacabra said, get the Antec 900, but if you do have a budget, just let people know what it is and they'll help find one for you.

Skorax

Alright, I talked to the company, they informed me I might have to wait up to 2 weeks for the HAF 932, but the 922 is available right now.
My build is:

Case CoolerMaster HAF 922 Mid Tower Gaming Case - Black

Processor Intel® Core™ i7 930 Processor (4x 2.8GHz/8MB L3 Cache)

iBUYPOWER PowerDrive PowerDrive Level 2 - Up to 20% Overclocking

Processor Cooling [Free Upgrade] Liquid CPU Cooling System w/ 120mm Radiator [SOCKET-1366]

Memory 6 GB [2 GB X3] DDR3-1333 Triple Memory Module - Corsair or Major Brand ** Free Upgrade to DDR3-1600 **

Video Card ATI Radeon HD 5850 - 1GB - Single Card
Video Card Brand Major Brand Powered by ATI or NVIDIA

Motherboard ASUS P6T -- Intel X58 Chipset CrossFire and SLI Supported w/8-ch HD Audio, Triple-Channel DDR3, Gb LAN, S-ATA Raid, USB 2.0, 3 PCI-E MB - 3-Way SLI

Power Supply 750 Watt -- Corsair CMPSU-750TX Power Supply - SLI Ready

Primary Hard Drive 1 TB HARD DRIVE -- 16M Cache, 7200 RPM, 3.0Gb/s - Single Drive

Optical Drive 22X Dual Format/Double Layer DVD±R/±RW + CD-R/RW Drive - [Lightscribe Technology] Black

Flash Media Reader/Writer 12-In-1 Internal Flash Media Card Reader/Writer - Black

Sound Card 3D Premium Surround Sound Onboard

Network Card Onboard LAN Network (Gb or 10/100)

Operating System Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium

Additional Software Microsoft Works 9.0 (make the most of your home PC)

Keyboard Combo: Logitech Black Internet Internet Keyboard + Optical Mouse - Black

Speaker System iBUYPOWER 2.1 Channel Stereo Super Bass Subwoofer Speaker System
External Hard Drives [USB 2.0/eSATA] None

Headset Zalman ZM-RS6F+M Headset w/Mic - 5.1 Channel
MP3/MP4 Player None

Advanced Build Options iBUYPOWER Specialized Advanced Packaging System - Protect your investment during transportation!
Advanced Build Options Professional wiring for all cables inside the system tower - Achieve exceptional airflow in your chassis
Advanced Build Options Tuniq TX-2 High Performance Thermal Compound - The best interface between your CPU and the heatsinks

Warranty Standard Warranty Service - Standard 3-Year Limited Warranty + Lifetime Technical Support

Rush Service Rush Service Fee (not shipping fee) - No Rush Service, Estimate Ship Out in 5~10 Business Days

Subtotal : $1,684.00

Should I wait those two extra weeks and go for the HAF 932 or will the 922 be more than enough?

Skorax

So I went with the HAF 922 case, I saw under the website of Cooler Master that on the HAF 922, there is an additional two 200MM fans i can add, one on side, one on bottom. I'm very novice when it comes to installing anything, never have touched the inside of a computer in my life. What will be required when installing a side fan and bottom fan? Any wire connecting?

Skorax

Will I need to buy static free gloves? Also, Should I have them as exhaust fans or just fans blowing air?

Dave P

Will I need to buy static free gloves? Also, Should I have them as exhaust fans or just fans blowing air?

Static free gloves aren't needed, lol, the amount of rubbish I have put gear through and had it still work...

Just be sensible about it though, earth yourself on something large and metal first, don't rub yourself with balloons, don't palm any of the boards and don't put your elbow through your motherboard. (that last one isn't static damage)

As for fan direction I read that top fans are good to be exhaust for greater throughput. Though in all honesty I don't think it will matter much :)

Last edited: