Which Case???????

run4it

the sniper is 4839 cubic inches (22.30" x 10.00" x 21.70"), the HAF 932 is 4392 cubic inches (22.70" x 9.00" x 21.50"). According to dimensions given on newegg... so the sniper is actually the one with more room.

i'm going to be buying a radeon 5850 which will fit in either case. the 932 is .4 inches longer which has a very slight possiblity of causing problems with fitting a video card in. but in every other way the sniper is the larger case with more room.

So is there anything else that would really set one case apart from the other?

ScottALot

You're not really thinking of it correctly. The HAF is less enclosed than the sniper is, so it's more room that you can use. The HAF isn't going to be too small for any GPU (5970 fits)

run4it

ok. maybe people could comment on the quality of the fans, the case material, ease of use, accesibility, etc. i'm not so much concerned with size as i am with how easy it will be to put everything in the case, and change out individual parts later on and the overall durability of the case (will it dent/scratch easily or will plastic parts break easily?). Both cases will have sufficient airflow for me so i'm not worried about the 932 having slightly larger fans really. And how good is fan speed control for each?

i'm sure i missed some important areas when considering which case to buy so feel free to comment on anything else too... but those are all the important things to me that i could think of right now. I've read newegg reviews too and i still can't decide so i'm hoping someone here might know something significant about one of the cases that would really set it apart from the other

joh06937

i personally like how the sniper is completely black. i think it looks a lot better than the two-colored HAF. the sniper has that really handy all-in-one fan speed controller which saves a lot of messing around with different controllers or having to use some software. looks like they both should have about equal airflow. the HAF will be easier to move things around in since it is a bit bigger. that is nice for upgrading only one part. the HAF has a better side panel window in my opinion. the HAF has one more drive bay. both should have nice cable management but it looks like the sniper's is better by a little bit. overall i would say the HAF looks better, except for the two colors. the sniper has a somewhat ugly body style.
me: go with the HAF.

bomberboysk

Sniper looks better, HAF has more airflow and more room. As much as people here know i dislike the looks of HAF,and dont like it for water, i would probably get it out of those two for an air cooled rig if you could live with the looks.

But....Have you taken thought to the CM690 II? Its the sequel to the original 690(one of my all time favorite cases), can hold a crapload of fans, has a built in 3.5" dock, ssd adapter for the hard drive bays, good cable management, and looks awesome as well. Overall it holds like 10 fans.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811119216

Or even the CM690-II standard non advanced edition, without the ssd adapter, 3.5" bay, and a few other things, still one hell of a case:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811119215

Last edited:

ScottALot

Sniper looks better, HAF has more airflow and more room. As much as people here know i dislike the looks of HAF,and dont like it for water, i would probably get it out of those two for an air cooled rig if you could live with the looks.

But....Have you taken thought to the CM690 II? Its the sequel to the original 690(one of my all time favorite cases), can hold a crapload of fans, has a built in 3.5" dock, ssd adapter for the hard drive bays, good cable management, and looks awesome as well. Overall it holds like 10 fans.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811119216

Or even the CM690-II standard non advanced edition, without the ssd adapter, 3.5" bay, and a few other things, still one hell of a case:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811119215

We just did a build using that case in our computer club, and it is a hell of a good-looker too. Only gripe I have about it is the lack of cable management holes, but it did turn out pretty well regardless. (Pics next week ;) )

bomberboysk

We just did a build using that case in our computer club, and it is a hell of a good-looker too. Only gripe I have about it is the lack of cable management holes, but it did turn out pretty well regardless. (Pics next week ;) )

The 690II has quite alot of cable management holes.....