Which chrome tab is preventing sleep? (unknown audio)

So I used powercfg -requests and found that an audio stream is currently in use. It goes away when I close chrome, so it must ba tab responsbile. However I see no audio icon in any tab, or hear anything, if a site was muted, id stil see an icon.

Help?
Thanks.

Darren

Staff member
Chrome probably automatically opens an audio stream whenever it's launched, even if it's not actively playing anything.

Are you seeing an actual problem or just jumpy about data you're finding?

Chrome probably automatically opens an audio stream whenever it's launched, even if it's not actively playing anything.

Are you seeing an actual problem or just jumpy about data you're finding?
It didnt used to, this started happening about a month ago. Would like a way to let the comp sleep without having to close chrome every time

Darren

Staff member
per-tab audio muting
Well he's asking about power consumption stuff and trying to chase something that seemingly doesn't exist and would be unrelated to power consumption.

Understanding the problem and end user goal is troubleshooting support 101. His current ask doesn't make much sense.

Okedokey

Well he's asking about power consumption stuff and trying to chase something that seemingly doesn't exist and would be unrelated to power consumption.

Understanding the problem and end user goal is troubleshooting support 101. His current ask doesn't make much sense.
Stop making assumptions mate. I totally understand what he's trying to do. He's trying to reenable per tab muting (after it was recently removed) but when he does using the application he specified, it prevents an orderly shutdown/restart, meaning its preventing the close of windows. Please don't assume because you're not understanding, others don't.

Darren

Staff member
Stop making assumptions mate. I totally understand what he's trying to do. He's trying to reenable per tab muting (after it was recently removed) but when he does using the application he specified, it prevents an orderly shutdown/restart, meaning its preventing the close of windows. Please don't assume because you're not understanding, others don't.
Why do you think he's trying to reenable per tab muting? He explicitly states that no tabs are being seen as playing audio. So what's he trying to mute?

From MS Support.

/requests​

Enumerates application and driver Power Requests. Power Requests prevent the computer from automatically powering off the display or entering a low-power sleep mode.

So, per this, something is not letting it go into sleep/shutdown. In this instance, Chrome thinks it's still playing something but he says it's not. He's trying to identify why it thinks there is sound without having to actually shut down Chrome. He clearly knows how to mute a tab.

Don't get crappy with me because you don't like me asking the OP what they want to accomplish.

Also, on a reread of the thread, I'd be suspicious the "mutetab" is what's running the audio process that powercfg is seeing.

I only tried mute-tab after I found the problem with sleep/hibernate. Mute tab fixed my problem. I dont know why the pc thought audio was still playing when it wasnt but nvm. It seems the normal mute options in chrome dont register properly with the sleep system. And they still register as playing audio when they aren't sometimes.