Which computer to buy? [Craiglist]

it has this graphics card, is it good?
Intel GMA 3100 Dynamic Video Memory Technology 4.0

No. Ask him about his Powersupply. Mainly what brand and how many watts. If he has a decent PSU (Powersupply) then we can pick you a decent Graphics Card from newegg.
 
am i right?

No,

If he built the PC from scratch - you can go into the motherboard BIOS and disable the onboard video card to add a video card to the available slot - if he has an available pciex16 unused.

You want a slot like the Blue one below to add a card to
ASUS_Expansion.jpg


I'm not sure if that applies to Big Box type of PC's like Dell and HP's - but I would guess it does.
 
No,

If he built the PC from scratch - you can go into the motherboard BIOS and disable the onboard video card to add a video card to the available slot - if he has an available pciex16 unused.

You want a slot like the Blue one below to add a card to
ASUS_Expansion.jpg


I'm not sure if that applies to Big Box type of PC's like Dell and HP's - but I would guess it does.

This is the mobo

13-131-222-S02
 
This is the mobo

13-131-222-S02

As long as nothing else is occupying that blue slot - you should be able to get a Video card in there. I've not worked with a micro-ATX board though. Your use of a modern video card might overhang the pci slot next to it - I'll let somebody else with more experience weigh in though.
 
Back
Top