which computer would be better

Lanther

If those were my 3 options I'd go with the 2nd HP you listed it has more upgrade options on the memory and the first HP is a refurb.

Lax

VIP Member
#2 got a PCIe slot so you can upgrade the crappy graphics. Plus it's emachines, so it's an ok machine to buy in the first place. And I don't usually buy refurbed machines, you never can be sure.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
which computer would be better
Better for what?

Option 1
- It's sold out
- The processor you're getting .. no way to tell if it's a newcastle (ADA3400AEP4AX) or a crippled clawhammer (ADA3400AEP4AR) ... since this an OEM system, it's much more likely you're dealing with the crippled Hammer
- The SiS Mirage2 ... a DX8.1 part, doesnt even support the mainstream Pixel Shader 2.0 (i.e. Halo class games) but rather it's stuck back in the PixelShader 1.3 days
- The SiS Mirage2, featured with the SiS 760(FX) boards ... is by far, not a premier chipset
- Since this is an HP box, the 200GB will actually be configured something like 180GB+20GB hidden "recovery partition"

Option 2
- Since this is an HP box, the 200GB will actually be configured something like 180GB+20GB hidden "recovery partition"
- Nice thing here is that you get a PCIE based system WITH a PCIx16 slot so there is some expandability here

Option 3
- Best processor here, a S939 Newcaslte (possibly a Winchester but unlikely an OEM would give you that processor)
- The Radeon XPRESS200 is not a horrible chipset but i'd prefer a Via chipset over it (and i dont like Via chipsets much) ... the nice thing is that you do get a PCIE based system rather than the older AGP system (i.e., Option1) ... the downside is that you dont actually get a PCIx16 slot so you're actually worse off for future expandability here than Option 1

Third one definitely as its socket 939, unlike the t6520 which is socket 754.
And.....

Out of these three systems, I'd prolly get the 2nd one for it's expandability