Which cooler?

gr82bthe1st

Hi guys, new to the forum.

I'm sure you must get this question all the time... but wanted to know about two specific products.

I currently have a Akasa Venom air cooler with 120mm fan, but I was looking to change to free up a bit more room in my case (Coolermaster Elite 320).

I will be getting an Antec 1200 in the next couple of months, but I was thinking of changing to the Antec Kúhler H2O 620. I know I shouldn't be expecting miracles with something so cheap, but I was wondering if it performs as good, or better than my current fan? Anyone have the Antec cooler and have any comments they would like to share?

Anything on the subject would be greatly appreciated.

I look forward to your replies.

Thanks for the help, in advance.

FuryRosewood

unless you feel the need for the monstrosity, get the 1100 vs the 1200, trust me on this...its just too much of a pain to clean, the 1100 has more features, and is better laid out imho, drive carriers and such.

i currently have a h50 in my 1200, it sorta frees up space? more or less it just moves the weight off the motherboard and puts it on your chassis, which i think is a big deal with how heavy heatsinks are getting, it will cool, dont expect it to be a uber ocer, but it will cool if its on par or slightly better than the 50

Machin3

The Antec Kúhler H2O 620 great but like any product it has it's up's and down's. It has the same design as pretty much all the all-in-one water coolers. As far as temperatures go, it's slightly better than a Corsair H60 and depending on what cpu you are using, you should see temperatures at around ~65 degrees C which is pretty amazing.

The slight downside is that when your cpu is idle, you'll see around ~35 degrees C. Still pretty good but when I had a Corsair H50, my temps were around ~30 degrees.

The 5 degrees doesn't really affect anything so if you want to get the Antec Kúhler 620, then go for it because it performs well.