Which CPU is better????

Twist86

710 indeed...2 vs 3 cores for the same price.

Both are based off the same tech AND if I recall reading this right some 3 cores can be unlocked to quad-cores via bios updates. So you MIGHT get lucky.

zer0_c00l

710 indeed...2 vs 3 cores for the same price.

Both are based off the same tech AND if I recall reading this right some 3 cores can be unlocked to quad-cores via bios updates. So you MIGHT get lucky.

if you have the money get the 720. you might get a magic Quadcore for the price of a Triple

2048Megabytes

The Phenom II 550 Callisto Dual-Core processor is not even worth $100. The Phenom II 710 is a Tri-Core processor and is $1 less in price. The Phenom II 550 Callisto is only worth $69 in my eyes. But if people are ignorant enough to buy it then it will stay at the price that it is presently at for a while.

CardboardSword

Hands down the Tri-core, I doubt anyone would argue. You can sometimes unlock the Pehnom II X2's to be quads as well, but your odds of that are even slimmer than the tri, and neither of which would I count on, consider it more of a lucky bonus than anything else.

elliot_c

In the uk on the site im looking at the 550 is £40 cheaper and I was stuck with this decision because I know a lot of programs like photoshop only support dual core and you can overclock the 550be to 3.3Ghz without any voltage change or real temp difference but then the 720be seemed the best one to get because with dual core apps you still have a reasonable dual core and can still use the pc when carrying out heavy dual core tasks because of the third core and you know your a bit future proof and can play some games better. Get a 720be and overclock its reasonable money and I think its good theres something inbetween a dual and quad.