which cpu?

murdock22

I know there has been many of threads e6850 vs. q6600 but I haven't really found an answer that fits for what I need. I am upgrading so I was wondering what is the best cpu for me? I use it for interent, games like bf2, bf 2142. cod2. aoe3 and looking to play MOH: airborne and COD4 when they come out, I download, do school stuff like office, burn dvds, convert files, watch movies, etc. also if you could suggest a good mobo to use that would be helpful too, I was looking at a Gigabyte P35-DS3R. any suggestions would be nice
thanks

xxxalpinexxx80

the q6600 will run any of those games you posted and more on max settings but can your graphics card handle it? i highly reccomend you upgrade ur processor since i had experience with pentium d and they arnt that good for gaming but your gonna need something like a 8800gts so you wont get any bottlenecks

junwang0808

i suggest you get Q6600. why ? you might ask. core 2 duos are slowly getting replaced by quad core. even though the software are still trying to catch up but intel is already making new processors. Q6600 has a lot of future protential as the core 2 duo will be replaced soon just like the first generation of duo core.

i don't have too much experience with core 2 duo but my friend has a duo core. it is not all that great. his duo cores are 3.0 ghz but at normal gaming and using other entertainments. his duo core does not show signs of faster than my 3.2 ghz pentium 4. with a little spywares on his PC his PC is actually slower than my pentium 4. although, his pc does run faster when we open more stuff