Which Digital Camera?

Irishwhistle

I'd go with either of the Canon PowerShots... Mainly for more megapixels and better zoom, not to mention that Canons are good cameras.

MBGraphics

VIP Member
Please COMPLETLY ignore MegaPixel size, unless you are doing large prints of your photos, you dont need anything over 3-5 MegaPixels.

As for zoom, thats a whole other story. Make sure you get a camera with a good Optical zoom, Ignor the Digital zoom (you wont want to use it unless you absolutly HAVE to, because it completly kills the quality of the immage).

What is your budget? Also, does it need to be chosen from that particular store?
What will you be using this for?

Irishwhistle

Please COMPLETLY ignore MegaPixel size, unless you are doing large prints of your photos, you dont need anything over 3-5 MegaPixels.

As for zoom, thats a whole other story. Make sure you get a camera with a good Optical zoom, Ignor the Digital zoom (you wont want to use it unless you absolutly HAVE to, because it completly kills the quality of the immage).

What is your budget? Also, does it need to be chosen from that particular store?
What will you be using this for?

Very true, sorry, I was considering how I would use the camera.

Ramodkk

VIP Member
I'd go with either of the Canon PowerShots... Mainly for more megapixels and better zoom, not to mention that Canons are good cameras.

+1

Canon PowerShot FTW!

I have the PowerShot A560, while cheap, it takes really good pictures and has a ton of features. Zoom is also better than other cameras on its range.

;)

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
The powershot A590IS
- Has the most flexible media (tied with the 580)
- Fastest lens (tied with the 580)
- Widest EV compensation (tied with the 580 -- the "3" in the 580 is a typo i think, it should be 1/3)
- Highest ISO rating (tied with the 580). You'll prolly not want to shoot the higher ISO but it's there if you ever need it
- Biggest LCD (tied with the 580)

Purely on specs, the 590IS but considering the price differential I would personally get the 580.