which graphic card will be best

dudejc

hi
i need a new graphic card for my desktop pc due to old one not good enought to run battelfield 2 or other games. As far as i know i can only run a pci graphic card (not pci express). for around the £100 pound mark. i would like 256mb+. If you have any idead which one will be best for gaming and if you know wherethe best place is to get them for taht will be really help full.

thanks in advance Dudejc

The_Other_One

VIP Member
I beleive the best PCI card out now is the Geforece FX5500 or FX5700(I don't recall what the highest PCI card is...) I'm not sure how well they'd actually play BF2, but that's about as good as you'll get with only PCI.

Memory doesn't matter quite so much with such cards as the processor limits them more than anything. Don't be afraid to get a 128M if you find it, I honestly don't think you'd tell that much difference...

diduknowthat

formerly liuliuboy
i had that card before, but it was the 128mb version of it. I was able to play bf2 on all low with about 30fps.

AdmnPower

VIP Member
I have the radeon 9550 128meg edition and i'm happy with it, only cost me about 70 bucks, (not sure how many pounds that is) but mine is AGP i'm not sure if it comes in PCI.

dudejc

hi
how can i find out what my pci slot is (eg. pci2.0) my mother board is a ASUS K8V-MX
thanks

SilvaBalla

hi ive had the geforce fx 5900 graphics card for quite sometime now and i would like to get a higher spec cn anyone help me out ???

the only thing i do on my pc is gaming so does anyone have any ideas