Which GTS?

Kornowski

VIP Member
Dude, you didn't text back :p
Anyway, I'd go with the eVGA one, you know a 640MB is like only anoyher £30?

PabloTeK

Heh, well we have a LeadTek in my dad's PC and for some bizarre reason it insists on counting all of the VRAM before booting! I might go with the eVGA but the extras you get with the BFG are tempting.

Kornowski

VIP Member
Strange, eh!
When are you getting it Paul, I'd wait till after Crimbo! The prices are bound to come down, you don't need it just yet do you, your X1950 aint exactly struggling is it...

taylormsj

Dude, you didn't text back :p
Anyway, I'd go with the eVGA one, you know a 640MB is like only anoyher £30?

Thats still £30 you could save if he games at 1280 x 1024 resolutions on a 19 " or smaller screen.

Id go for the fastest one out of the two, if its noiser, than turn your speakers up :D

Kornowski

VIP Member
Yeah, that's true, but wouldn't having double the vRAM help with textures and such, especially with DX10?

taylormsj

I have no idea, but im tempted to say no because personally i dont think the extra ram will affect it. But maybe it will, only one way to find out

Dazzeerr

I would, but.. eVGA and BFG are very well known companies, Leadtek isn't...

It's hard but I think i would go with the BFG, got some nice goodies as you say and the card itself looks cool :D

PabloTeK

Methinks you're right Danny, I'll wait for prices to drop because the 9800GTS is coming out in November so I'll see then because it'll be about December when I get it. Might be able to get a good deal on a 9800, although my PSU only has 38A available and with these new cards I'm unsure whether it'll be enough!

Kornowski

VIP Member
Yeah, although I'll probably get mine sometime around February, it's my birthday then, and January sales :D

I think the 9800's will be sky high as far as prices are concerned!

Dude, since when have you had 3GB of RAM too?

PabloTeK

The 3GB's been here since late August about 3 days before Vista hit the system. Interestingly enough, just ran the system analyser for Vista after tightening my timings and got 0.1 marks extra on the RAM test!

Reneki

k well you should at least wait till November cause they are releasing the new 8800gts 640mb then, which is supposed to be better than current, or you can just buy it now and step up...but thats too much of a hassle and probably waste of time and cash.

PabloTeK

Well I don't need to be on the cutting edge, I just want something more powerful that doesn't require Ferrybridge Power Station to run it!