Which is a better webcam? (2 choices)

whaatkim

Hey I'm looking to buy 2 webcams for a PC. No real specifics on the the PC since I'm planning to get this for my best friends. I'm hoping to keep in touch with them in college and am looking for a good quality webcam that includes a microphone.

I'm trying to pick between:
1. Rosewill RCM-3201V True 1.3 M Effective Pixels USB WebCam
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...webcam_with_microphone-_-26-193-045-_-Product

2. Logitech C200 Webcam (Black) by Logitech
http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-960-...dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1

The reason why I'm debating between the two is because both have microphones and seem to have pretty good reviews. But if anyone has a better suggestion as to what I should buy for them, that'd be great. My price range is anywhere below $50-55 if possible. And yes, I do understand that for that price, it may not be the best quality but bear with me?

dug987654

Hi,

I have a Logitech E3500 and it's pretty good. Your quality will be limited by your internet connection, and I've always found this one is fine (and is far below your budget at £11.50).

Logitech is generally pretty good quality (considering cost) for all their products, can't really speak for Rosewill - don't know if we have them in the UK?

Doug.

whaatkim

Hi,

I have a Logitech E3500 and it's pretty good. Your quality will be limited by your internet connection, and I've always found this one is fine (and is far below your budget at £11.50).

Logitech is generally pretty good quality (considering cost) for all their products, can't really speak for Rosewill - don't know if we have them in the UK?

Doug.

Hey Doug, if I may ask, what is the difference between Logitech C200 and the Logitech E3500?

DCIScouts

VIP Member
Hey Doug, if I may ask, what is the difference between Logitech C200 and the Logitech E3500?

Not entirely sure, but I'd guess that the C200 is the one sold in the US and the E3500 is sold in Britain. The specs and casing for the model look exactly the same.

dug987654

I think from looking at the specs briefly is that the one you linked to takes 1.3MP stills, whilst mine takes VGA stills and upscales them to 1.3MP (not as good). Question is do you want that feature? Or do you just want the basic webcam function?

Doug.