Which Is better?? (honest opinion) *ram*

SAD_DC

well Im just about to place my order and I was wondering which one of these 2 are better?
Ive always been told it is better to get 2 sticks of ram rather than one..
As in if I want 1g "which I do"
I should get 2x 512.
But is this true? whats wrong with getting 1 whole gig on one chip??
well anyways which one of these are better I will be also getting the evga 7950gt to go along with it so yea...

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=2240429&sku=O261-1000

OR

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?item=N82E16820146883

Well thanks alot guys.

computerhakk

VIP Member
If your motherboard supports dual channel memory ram, two sticks that run in dual channel will be better. So from that, the one from newegg will probably offer you a better option.

However, if it's not d/c and your motherboard only have two slots so to say; then the 1 stick will probably be better so if you want to expand to 2gb in the future, you can.

SAD_DC

ok..when I go to control panel/system. under ram it just says "RAM=1022 MB"
but I do have 2 sticks of ocz currently in there both 512's.

computerhakk

VIP Member
Well, you can open your pc up and look to see if the memory channel's are color coded. If they are, they are dual channel. If they are not, they can still be, but just not color coded. You can go here and it will tell you if you can run dual channel and how many slots your motherboard has if you do not want to open it up.

www.crucial.com/systemscanner

Also, make sure that you have 4 slots if you plan to buy more memory and not just two slots that are already occupied currently.

lovely?

ocz memory has been awesome in my system, i have a 1gb stick, plug and play, never been a prob, just takes what its given and asks for more.

I stick with Kingston HyperX and Corsair XMS and Dominator for high performance, I go with Kingston ValueRAM for lower scale builds. Those have never let me down.

slaphappylinksys

OCZ!? Corsair is so much better and about the same price, I have heard about so many problems with OCZ's stuff.
i know and its so much cheaper i love it i have vista (POS) im really hating it i want xp, i like vistas features but it pisses me off anyway i got 2gigs from newegg for $80 shipped and it hassent failed me yet

SAD_DC

wait...2 gigs for 80 bucks???
and if I get this and add it to my already 2x 512's Will bf2 play with out the annoying lag features ? lol

thanks..

slaphappylinksys

price depends on what type of ram it is if its an older comp. then it will be more$$$ but yes as it says in my signature

2048MB PC4200 DDR2 533Mhz

SAD_DC

well can some 1 tell me if theres a nice dual chan set of 2x 512's at tigerdirect that isnt so expensive??

Thanks...