Which is better?

Flaring Afro

It goes back and forth on who is best when they upgrade their models. I'd say opposite on quality too. Intel has had some slip ups in the past. If equal price/performance I would go with amd because of the illegal business practices (threats to manufacturers that sell models with amd).

Also, if money isn't an issue the best is the i7 but amd is coming out with something new fairly soon that is supposed to be (i don't think proven) better.

Last edited:

Drenlin

theyare both just as good if you ask me

Performance-wise there's not a huge difference, but when you look at the price compared to the features, AM3 vs 775, AMD wins every time. Go look on newegg...you won't find ANY Core 2 cpu's that can take on an AMD in the same price range. They don't start getting competitive till you get to the core i3, and only if you overclock. Even the Pentium G6950, the i3's little brother, falls behind.

Last edited:

jarlmaster47

true softe true. nice to see an attractive girl who is into computers... not trying to be a creeper. lls usually the techie crowd doesnt attract the lookers

Drenlin

Tougher? I don't imagine either of them dying on you if that's your concern. CPU's generally last quite a while.

If price is a problem, AMD. If you mistyped that and meant to say "price is no problem", Intel.

Flaring Afro

^ WTF are you talking about? Dremlin said amd if on a budget. The i7 is NOT for someone on a budget.

And AMD is coming out with something that very well could be better, you have no reason to say they can't. Saying they can't catch up is retarded, they can by the damn thing and learn from it. You're like the people that said japan couldn't catch up.