which laptop is better for gaming?

th first one is HP so that means no, dont buy an HP ever in your life, the are complete utter shit in every possible way you can imagine, then some you cant imagine. and besides that, neither of them are good for gaming, if you want a laptop anywhere close to being good for gaming increase your budget by atleast 500 lol

jonnyp11

the second is better i think, but i'm not sure how the gma graphics compare to the m-hd5470, and also the hp has a larger hdd and more ram, but if 320gb's is enough for you then i'd say go for the hp. and both can play portal 2 and similar games perfectly fine.

wolfeking

banned
there are #s behind not buying HP. None the least, being that they are general assholes when you call them. "Yes, Peggy, I know what BIOS is and how to access it. please just move on and ask for the info your looking for"

jonnyp11

did you read my post, i said if he doesn't need more then 320gb's then go for the 2nd one, the asus. all i said about the hp was i didn't know which gpu was better and if needed it did have more ram and hdd room, but none of that is a recomendation, i hate their b.s.

paulcheung

did you read my post, i said if he doesn't need more then 320gb's then go for the 2nd one, the asus. all i said about the hp was i didn't know which gpu was better and if needed it did have more ram and hdd room, but none of that is a recomendation, i hate their b.s.

Yes Johnny we have read your post, that is why wolfeking say you recommended HP. :D:cool:
Cheers

jonnyp11

well if he read my posts then where did i rec the hp, other than the part about if he needed the 500gb's. and i don't think gma is that bad cuz my bud's lappy has them and he can play cryssis at 1366x whatever it is with some decent settings and get a good framerate, he can also play black ops and almost any other game too, and his lappy says it has gma, so apparently they aren't that bad.

wolfeking

banned
I am calling BS. I had GMA on 2 laptops (i3-380m and Pentium P6200) and neither could handle MW2 on low (~8 FPS). If he has GMA, its under a Nvidia optimus setup to play those games. and its 1366*768 or 1360*768.

jonnyp11

well his comp reads it as gma and also his comp says it has a pentium dual core but online it says it shold have an i3 so he was wondering wtf was up with that, but i think it has better than gma cuz he can play that stuff and also his parents got it last christmas and it was at least 650 bucks so i think a pentium and the igpu for that much even from dell is a long shot especially with christmas discounts.

DMGrier

VIP Member
There is a difference between the GMA and the HD gpu's being that the Intel HD are better and I can tell you from experience that the intel HD gpu is garbage and cannot run many games.

paulcheung

There is a difference between the GMA and the HD gpu's being that the Intel HD are better and I can tell you from experience that the intel HD gpu is garbage and cannot run many games.

You sure about that? I think I have read some review that the intel hd3000 gpu is equal to some lowend dedicated cards. Which one you have experience on the hd3000 or hd2000?
Cheers.