Which laptop should i buy??

dweek

First of all, my english is bad. Sorry for that.
I want to buy a laptop for my college years. My major that im attending to is computer science. Im finding a laptop that can help me through these years, also for gaming and watching netflix.
I only play one game (league of legends) and there will be nothing beside the school things and office.
I have around $1500.
Can i have some advices and options??
Thank you

Last edited:

beers

Staff member
What kind of budget do you have and where do you live?

Most basic laptops can do what you are asking for. Software development doesn't require an enormous amount of resources starting out. If there's a money amount you were targeting we can suggest around that.

dweek

Most basic laptops can do what you are asking for. Software development doesn't require an enormous amount of resources starting out. If there's a money amount you were targeting we can suggest around that.
Im in new york, and i have about $1500 to buy a laptop which is ok with my needs..

Last edited:

Agent Smith

I looked and looked and for your budget it's hard to find a decent laptop that has a dedicated GPU and a SSD. Those are the two items you'll want if you intend to game on it. Well, not so much the SSD, but you really don't want a sucky platter which is slow as hell. Look at ASUS or Dell.

dweek

I looked and looked and for your budget it's hard to find a decent laptop that has a dedicated GPU and a SSD. Those are the two items you'll want if you intend to game on it. Well, not so much the SSD, but you really don't want a sucky platter which is slow as hell. Look at ASUS or Dell.
So if i only use it for school works and watching movies, are there any better choice for me?? I can spend more than $1000 a little bit, $1500...

dweek

I m thinking about the Yoga 920. i have around $1500

dweek

I wont play game on it, I was thinking about trading my old laptop but the price was not what i think so I keep it for my gaming time.

dweek

I never heard of a Yoga 920. Stick to name brands.

Never mind. I guess it's a Lenovo. Not too sure how good they are and looking they are like $1600.
Yeah but there is a cheaper version with 256 gb instead of 512gb.. im thinking about this laptop, im just not sure can it be a laptop for my major or not.

dweek

It should be more than capable except it has a small screen.
It doesnt really matter to me, at all. I have a small room and sometimes i might carry it on my belly, like what im doing w my old laptop. Just need a laptop, that i can bring to school sometimes, no game, i promise.
Just need some advice about that laptop, whether i should buy it or not. Its kinda expensive and i dont want to waste money on which is not worth that "big" money, to me.