Which Laptop will you buy

tlarkin

VIP Member
You can but I was more talking about desktops!

Laptops are not upgradeable really with maybe two exceptions. A larger HD and more ram, and the HD you can just buy an external Firewire drive and be done with it, so that is not really an upgrade it is an add on.

Anything else you can't really upgrade with out it costing you a ton of money and that is even if it is possible.

Dell have crazy deals, and if I were to buy a laptop I knew I was going to sell in 2 to 4 years I may just go buy a Dell if I could get one of those crazy internet rebate deals on one.

Sure their service suck, but you show me a computer company whose service doesn't suck and I will show you a leprechaun.

mep916

Administrator
Staff member
Dell recently announced that they're no longer going to use proprietary hardware with their XPS series. All the desktop components, such as the PSU, case and motherboards are suppose to comply with ATX standards.

Not that I'd ever buy one. :p

G25r8cer

Dell recently announced that they're no longer going to use proprietary hardware with their XPS series. All the desktop components, such as the PSU, case and motherboards are suppose to comply with ATX standards.

Not that I'd ever buy one. :p

Never thought I would see the day!! LOL I still wouldnt buy one of those hunk of junks!!

lisam

need help , can anybody tell me if this comp is good , the price is 869 $

HP Pavilion Entertainment dv7z customizable Notebook PC
KQ003AV
– Onyx
– Genuine Windows Vista Home Premium with Service Pack 1 (64-bit)
– AMD Turion(TM) X2 Dual-Core Mobile Processor RM-72 (2.1GHz)
– 17.0" diagonal WXGA+ High-Definition HP BrightView Widescreen Display (1440 x 900)
– 50% OFF 4GB DDR2 System Memory (2 Dimm)
– ATI Radeon(TM) HD 3200 Graphics
– 250GB 5400RPM SATA Hard Drive with HP ProtectSmart Hard Drive Protection
– Webcam + Fingerprint Reader
– HP Color Matching Keyboard
– Wireless-G Card with Bluetooth
– No Modem
– SuperMulti 8X DVD+/-R/RW with Double Layer Support
– No TV Tuner w/remote control
– 6 Cell Lithium Ion Battery
– Microsoft(R) Works 9.0
– HP Home & Home Office Store in-box envelope