Which laptop would suit me?

Olga

Hiya,
I am a teenage girl interested in digital design, animating and a bit of gaming.
I am searching for a new laptop. I would prefer an used (or new) one under £300. I don't mind if it's chrome oc, Mac or Windows as I will have it changed to Linux Ubuntu. I work (or play around) in programs like Krita, Gimp and Synfig which aren't any super duper editing programs. I just need a laptop to be quick and do what I want it to do.
Overall:
* I'd love something over 320 GB hard drive
* Quick laptop
* Prefered screen under 13 inches but I will cope somehow with a bigger one
* Needed for basic digital art and a bit of gaming on games like Star Stable or Sims 3 (I don't mind if there is no slot for the cd as I have an adapter thing)
* Used under £300
* Don't mind older models

Thank you to anyone who is willing to help me

Sorry for my English but I am bilingual and today my brain is having hard times today...

Delt4ninj4

I'd go with anything DELL or ASUS. HP is all around garbage, Lenovo is okay. Find something with at least 4GB of RAM, I'd definitely recommend something with 8GB though.

-Delt4ninj4

Olga

I'd go with anything DELL or ASUS. HP is all around garbage, Lenovo is okay. Find something with at least 4GB of RAM, I'd definitely recommend something with 8GB though.

-Delt4ninj4
Thank you for the tips ☺
After school I will search for some stuff.

Agent Smith

I'd personally go for a Dell Latitude. Latitude's were built for business and were built well. I use a Dell Precision which was also a good product. Although, the Precision is quite old. You want the Latitude as that will have more RAM and a way faster CPU.

Olga

I'd personally go for a Dell Latitude. Latitude's were built for business and were built well. I use a Dell Precision which was also a good product. Although, the Precision is quite old. You want the Latitude as that will have more RAM and a way faster CPU.
Yeah, I thought about some Latitudes before(BOLD ones are my fav. so far):

Dell Latitude E5430
Dell Latitude E6220
Dell Latitude E6230
Dell Latitude E6320

Dell Latitude Education 3380 (i5)
Lenovo ThinkPad x230
Lenovo ThinkPad T410
Lenovo ThinkPad T420

What is the black bulky thing that is at the back of Latitudes? Is it a battery?
Not sure which one is the best one - I just need something better than my 4 year Asus UL10A.

I
Weird bulky thing V
Screenshot from 2017-03-04 11-32-39.png

-------------------------------------------
If anyone is going to spend their time looking at laptops above - thank you very much!

Okedokey

Having had the Dell latitudes back in the day, (that model), they're terrible. Heavy, hot, shit screen and the battery is woeful.

The Lenovo is a better choice.