Which monitor?

Burgerbob

Im thinking about upgrading from my (actually very bright and sharp) 16in CRT from 1997 (it had to be the like the most expensive, crazy monitor sold that year, seeing as how all the others from then suck) to a larger (this is my main consideration) LCD ro maybe CRT. I was looking at this widescreen (yet another consideration)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16824009073
Tell me any suggestions- i have like no money, so anything less than 150 bucks should be good. Any help is appreciated.

Burgerbob

I know this monitor above doesnt have DVI- but my GFX card (below) supports it, so that may be another consideration.

Derik75

Any kind you want. Check out the Viewsonic and NEC's if you're browsing.

You may really want to think about going for an LCD though. I think you would be much more satisfied.

Burgerbob

I might be, i like them a lot. the NECs that we have at school really suck for brightness... are they better now? I know Viewsonics are good cuz we have some LCDs of thiers at the library.

OvenMaster

VIP Member
It's possible the CRTs at school are worn out, so they're not very bright. I like NEC CRTs... $150 should get you a decent one.
Derik is right, though. I got a ViewSonic LCD that simply blows away any CRT I've seen, and I only paid $200.
Tom

tweaker

VIP Member
Well with such a low budget CRT is your best bet. A low pitch as well as support for high resolution with a high refresh rate is what to look for.

Also keep in mind that if your a gamer and you find an LCD, your videocard must be powerful enough to accelerate your games at the native resolution of the LCD. Which is another reason I prefer CRT.

Burgerbob

cool- an 8ms time is good? i know what they all mean, but i dont really know what a good time is for a monitor. My friend has an LCD tv that must have like a half-second response time. It sucks, but i havent had any problems with Viewsonic. I also have the chance to buy a 19in dell Trinitron (max res 1600*1200) and its really nice- for like 5 bucks. Should i just get this?

holyjunk

Burgerbob said:
Im thinking about upgrading from my (actually very bright and sharp) 16in CRT from 1997 (it had to be the like the most expensive, crazy monitor sold that year, seeing as how all the others from then suck) to a larger (this is my main consideration) LCD ro maybe CRT. I was looking at this widescreen (yet another consideration)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16824009073
Tell me any suggestions- i have like no money, so anything less than 150 bucks should be good. Any help is appreciated.
i know it is expensive but i have it and it is really good!