Which motherboard company is good to buy

sreenath

I am in a dilemma that i am thinking to upgrade my computer motherboard. So which brand motherboard is good to buy that can take pressure and load as i am a game worm so please suggect me a better brand for my motherboard.

freebilly

I agree with ovenmaster. Asus and Gigabyte are two of the best brands, but affordability wise, ASRock's Extreme4 is your best bet.

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
My order:

Gigabyte
ASRock
ASUS
MSI <---My first build was a MachSpeed (MSI rebrand) and it served me well.

C4C

This build being my first is using a MSI board.. I would recommend Asus or ASRock though. They would have been my first 2 choices, but the MSI board dropped $40 in price on Black Friday..

Edit: I do like my MSI though! Very nice feature sand easy to use..

Last edited:

ninjabubbles3

I prefer Gigabyte or Asus, have only built stuff with theirs, so I can't give you opinions on anything else.

They have both served very well, especially the Asus, which I was very pleased with

G80FTW

Iv bought nothing but ASUS for my builds for 13 years and they have been nothing but amazing and solid.

Agent Smith

I like Gigabyte for the high durability and dual BIOS's. So if you mess one BIOS up you have a fall back. Never had trouble with a Gigabyte. Not sure if this is worth anything or not, but Gigabyte says they use all high quality Japanese capacitors.

StrangleHold

Staff member
For AMD boards. Gigabyte and Asus. Prefer Gigabyte but if Asus is a better deal with the same features its my second choice. Then a toss up between MSI and Asrock.

On Intel, the same as above for first choice, Gigabyte and Asus. Then a toss up between MSI and EVGA. Then Asrock.

Asrock and MSI, you really need to check the boards out. They can make some really good boards, but they are known to make some really flakey boards.

beers

Staff member
It depends on the specific board really.

Companies like Asrock can make solid high end boards, but also produce ones like the FM2A75M-ITX which are known for literally catching fire.

Same thing for other brands like ASUS where you can have a great variety of quality boards and then have something like a M5A78L-M LX Plus that doesn't have enough VRM to support the CPUs on its CPU supported list (they even put a FX-8370 on the list, which is no bueno for that cheapy 3+1 setup).

SkyMan

I have found that Gigabyte gives you the best combination of performance and reliability. Other boards are good too depends on the model.