Which motherboard do you recommend to people? (complete)

which brand?

• Total voters

Ku-sama

banned
the most complete list i could compile...

DFI, ASUS, Abit, and Gigabyte for me

Last edited:

SirKenin

banned
Asus, DFI and Intel here. Asus has great features and very stable, DFI is good for AMD, Intel doesn't have much for tweakers, but is an unbelievably rock solid and fast board.

Abit sucks, Gigabyte I guess makes one or two good boards, MSI rots, ASRock is Asus' budget line that I'm not too keen on, PCCHips can be a real pain in the ass, but good for budget PCs, Biostar should give up and start building cars or something, ECS is really good for low end business machines, Soltek can be alright, Tyan I don't have much experience with, Sapphire makes video cards.. lol, so does EVGA. What does Jetway make? Airplanes? ;)

funkysnair

VIP Member
lol, my friend is trying to sell me an msi board!!

think asus is the one for me, lots of features and tweaking-
ive used pc chips, msi and tyan and i think my tyan is the best out of the three but not the best

StrangleHold

Staff member
lol, my friend is trying to sell me an msi board!!

think asus is the one for me, lots of features and tweaking-
ive used pc chips, msi and tyan and i think my tyan is the best out of the three but not the best
In the (old) days I used alot of Tyans, havent thought about that brand in a long time!

funkysnair

VIP Member
well i never heard of them, but i got the board with my cpu's so thought i would give it a go...

think there into server boards really

not too bad

Cromewell

Administrator
Staff member
It depends on what they need and what they have to spend. Not everyone needs an enthusiast board from DFI/Asus/etc.

StrangleHold

Staff member
well i never heard of them, but i got the board with my cpu's so thought i would give it a go...

think there into server boards really

not too bad

When I used them they were good boards, back then I changed to Soyo, cant remember why! Still have a old Soyo board, If I.m not wrong cant remember the model number but I think Soyo was the first AMD board with DDR ram!

Saurian

I used to love Soyo, I was sad when I found that Soyo was out the motherboard business.

Asus, DFI, and Gigabyte. My Asus I had was damn good, even if it did have a Via chipset on it, and my next board will likely be an Asus or a Gigabyte. As said, if I were going AMD I'd be definately looking at DFI boards.

pbdr

I've said it before and may say it again; I'm fairly sure the "PC" in PC Chips stands for "Piece o'Crap".

My last rig, not built by me, ad a PC Chips MOBO with an Atlon 2000+, it never actually registered the CPU as anything but "unknown CPU type 1.67 GHz", even after bios updates.; and that was just the start of the crappiness....

pbdr

It depends on what they need and what they have to spend. Not everyone needs an enthusiast board from DFI/Asus/etc.

Yeah, but that doesn't mean you have to buy a bad board; most higher "ranked" companies (at least in this survey) have multiple offerings the <$50 range.

Cromewell

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, but that doesn't mean you have to buy a bad board; most higher "ranked" companies (at least in this survey) have multiple offerings the <$50 range.
I agree, that doesn't mean I think PC Chips/ECS should be sold to people anywhere, but not everyone wants or needs a $50 Asus board when a $50 MSI/Foxconn/whatever board will do the same with better features. (cheap Asus boards generally come very bare)

pbdr

I agree, that doesn't mean I think PC Chips/ECS should be sold to people anywhere, but not everyone wants or needs a $50 Asus board when a $50 MSI/Foxconn/whatever board will do the same with better features. (cheap Asus boards generally come very bare)

Absolutely, I'm not saying "only by an ASUS" I'm saying, "Do yourself a favor, don't buy a cheap board just cause it's cheap"...

Last edited: