Which motherboard do you recommend to people? (complete)

which brand?

• Total voters

fade2green514

for what? older gigabyte boards suck, but depending on the model the newer ones are actually really good. i mean goeff just bought a sempron and a gigabyte 754 board and the thing doesnt have pci or agp locks or anything so he cant overclock it at all... but the gigabyte ds3 core 2 duo board can overclock an e6300 to 3.8ghz if the cpu and the cooler can handle it...
it also depends on what their budget is, and if they want to overclock.
im going to just vote for ASUS though, because they probably sell the highest quality overclocking board on the market...
and gigabyte because they offer the best price/performance ratio boards in my opinion... (currently lol)

Last edited:

Bobo

banned
My brand new gigabyte board is great...way better than the asus I was also looking at when I bought it.

SirKenin

banned
older gigabyte boards suck

Amen to that. They haven't made a good board since the 486 boards. I understand now they released a good one, but I haven't used it yet, but that's pretty shitty. No decent boards in what, 15 years? I'm amazed they could ride on their name for that long.

Geoff

VIP Member
I used to have an Asus motherboard and it was horrible, it had to have the CMOS jumper reset everytime you restarted the computer. I won't buy an Asus board unless it's high end.

fade2green514

yea, asus releases some real crap, its the cheaper stuff though. not meant for overclockers, and defective more than other brands usually. their higher end ones are great though, rarely defective and stuff. i dont know how that works... neweggs got some reviews for their crappy boards and they get bad ratings...

StrangleHold

Staff member
Asus make good boards, I have used alot of them, its just in the last couple of years there real picky with ram, got feed up wondering if the ram I ordered with them will work, so I just dont use them anymore. If I have to RMA something it eats up to much of my time!