Which motherboard should I buy?

Miriam

Any recommendation for a good mobo (price no issue but preferably modest) that is compatible with these specs?
(obviously gaming oriented)
EVGA SuperNova P2 850 W Platinum Fully Modular Power Supply Unit
Corsair CW-9060027-WW Hydro Series H115i 280 mm Extreme Performance All-In-One Liquid CPU Cooler
GTX 1080 Founders Edition
Intel Core i7 6700K
Asus Xonar Essence STX II Sound Card
Samsung 850 EVO 1 TB 2.5 inch Solid State Drive
G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series (8 GBx2) DDR4
Just looking for the best that is worth its price, thanks :)

Laquer Head

Your gonna be looking at either a Z170 or Z270 board with Socket 1151... since you have a high-end K series cpu, I assume you'll be doing some overclocking and tweaks to the system too.

I personally like MSI boards, but many users here stand by Asus and Gigabyte also, also 3 brand have many options and varying price points.

Assuming you are looking in USD$ ?

Also, assuming your looking for an ATX size board ? What case are you using?

Laquer Head

Miriam

Thanks for the reply!

My budget would be preferably €150 - €200. I have been trying to use an Asus Z170 Deluxe recently but I had to RMA it and when I got the replacement that one was also faulty. Due to this I would love to get a mobo that is ready for my CPU straight away because I've spent way too much time replacing mobos. Although I know you can manually update the BIOS I'm quite skeptical now but I'm wondering if it's possible to get it updated by the manufacturer before they ship it to me?
My chassis is a Corsair Air 540 black.

Laquer Head

Thanks for the reply!

My budget would be preferably €150 - €200. I have been trying to use an Asus Z170 Deluxe recently but I had to RMA it and when I got the replacement that one was also faulty. Due to this I would love to get a mobo that is ready for my CPU straight away because I've spent way too much time replacing mobos. Although I know you can manually update the BIOS I'm quite skeptical now but I'm wondering if it's possible to get it updated by the manufacturer before they ship it to me?
Thank you very much, this is a great help!

Yeah I hear you, RMA can be a pain!

As for 'ready to go' from manufacturer, they are gonna ship with whatever was current at that time - most new boards will have most current, but flashing to the latest after purchase is very common and very simple if done right.. we can help you with that, so dont worry. (If your'e soured on Asus, I definitely recommend MSI, the pro carbon is under $200usd so I'm sure you could find it for a comparable price in your currency.. Many other options too.

Are you still gonna need a new board or will you keep the replacement-replacement or did you say screw it and got refund, hence why your here now??

The air 540 is a great case and plenty of room for ATX board, so no issues there!

Miriam

I'm currently in the process of getting it refunded. Once I have decided on which mobo to buy instead I will let you know when I get it. If you could help me to update it I would really appreciate it. Thank you for all of your suggestions, they really helped :)

Laquer Head

I'm currently in the process of getting it refunded. Once I have decided on which mobo to buy instead I will let you know when I get it. If you could help me to update it I would really appreciate it. Thank you for all of your suggestions, they really helped :)

Yeah of course,., if you have other questions before buying, just ask us. Same goes for when you have a new board and your ready - flashing BIOS is easy and we can help with that process.

Best of luck!!

mistersprinkles

Thanks for the reply!

There's no need. Any Z170 or Z270 board will work with your CPU out of the box. Updating the bios can be done on first boot if you wish by preparing a USB stick with the BIOS file ahead of time on another machine.

Those are some nice parts btw. Your powersupply is quite epic.

Deadpool

Just make sure it has a good VRM. AsRock usually has good stuff for cheap. Otherwise just stick to MSI, Asus and Gigabyte.

Calin

The Asus Prime Z270-A is a great board, I have the Z170 version and it serves me well.