Which Motherboard to choose in first build?

Gaming_Neet

I first intended on the cheap Gigabyte B660 DS3H DDR4 with the i5 12400f but I want to be able to upgrade my cpu in the future maybe to a 12600k or higher and I have read that the VRAM on that mobo can´t handle it.

Second board is the MSI PRO B760-P WIFI DDR4 which is 100$ more expensive than the B660 DS3H again with the i5-12400f with the intend to upgrade the CPU in a few years down the road. But I hear mixed things about this one as well.

The third one is MSI Mag B760 Tomahawk Wifi DDR4 which costs only 10$ more than the B760-P and I will be running it again with the i5 12400f with the intend on upgrading down the road.

But now someone suggested the GIGABYTE B760 GAMING X AX DDR4 which is 30$ cheaper than the B760-P and Tomahawk and again with the i5 12400f So which one should I choose and why? It seems to be it´s mainly the VRAM that is the problem in the cheapest one and I don´t plan on overclocking and just want to use it for gaming my only intend is to be able to upgrade my CPU in the future without having to buy a new motherboard too.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
I would say Gigabyte B760 board. I'm not sure what processor you would want to upgrade to. You said you didn't want to overclock so why even think about getting the K version of a cpu?

Gaming_Neet

I would say Gigabyte B760 board. I'm not sure what processor you would want to upgrade to. You said you didn't want to overclock so why even think about getting the K version of a cpu?
I´m leaning towards that too at the moment. The 12600k was just an example of a better cpu but it could be anything else I want to upgrade to in the future.