Which motherboard to pick?

rednosedpits

new to this forum and site I am looking to where on the site to discuss the various motherboards, I am looking at Newegg.com listings of motherboards are am getting a bit confused which motherboard manufacturer such as : gigabyte, asus, asrock, biostar, supermicro which would be the better to seriously look at, the current computer motherboard I am looking at replacing has an ancient msi motherboard in it and with some of the issues dealing with msi motherboards msi is out of the question for me, I like to keep the cost as simple or low as possible but with the higher end possibilities for upgrades later on when or if needed. I understand a new processor, memory, perhaps graphics card and power supply will need to be purchased, I am not looking at getting everything at once just one or two items at a time as finances provide themself.

Aaron Reinhard

I also agree with John--I've had the best experience with Gigabyte and ASUS. I've also had an MSI, but ended up getting a Gigabyte replacement. ALSO, if you're trying to go budget-friendly, I highly recommend getting the hardware from stores/websites that offer CPU/motherboard combos (discounted parts). I'm not sure if newegg does this, but Micro Center does. Using their combo deals, I have saved money while guaranteeing that the CPU and motherboard are 100% compatible.