Which motherboard?

87dtna

The Asus P6X58D-E is $230...he has a $180 budget he said.

The UD3R is deactivated on newegg, you may find a used one but if you go used thats a whole different ballgame.

StrangleHold

Staff member
I just love how all the people in this thread bashing ASRock have never owned one.

So I'll say it again, you guys are all bashing ASRock when you've never owned one!

Dont know who you are referring too. But you have no idea what brands boards I have used. Cant really think of any brands I havent used including Asrock. Plus saying they are a budget boards, gets your ass in the air. Thats your problem, nobody elses. Who really cares. I dont.

I don't see a lack of quality anywhere. PCB is just as thick as my UD4P, japanese solid capacitors, 8+2 phase, etc. The UD4P is 12+2 phase, but then again it's a much more expensive board.

What did you do, hold them up and eye ball it? What a joke, you have not got a clue. Yes they have started putting Jap caps on them, but the mosfets and chokes are lower grade and the board have a lower amount of copper. Like you said they are making a good profit. How do you think they make a good profit on boards charging less for them.

87dtna

Dont know who you are referring too. But you have no idea what brands boards I have used. Cant really think of any brands I havent used including Asrock. Plus saying they are a budget boards, gets your ass in the air. Thats your problem, nobody elses. Who really cares. I dont.

First of all, I was referring to P55 or X58 ASRock boards which I did state earlier. Have you used any of those? I've already stated also that their 775 boards were known for poor quality, but ASRock has really stepped up to the mark for P55 and X58 boards.

When it comes to P55 and X58, I no longer believe they should be considered low quality budget boards.

What did you do, hold them up and eye ball it? What a joke, you have not got a clue. Yes they have started putting Jap caps on them, but the mosfets and chokes are lower grade and the board have a lower amount of copper. Like you said they are making a good profit. How do you think they make a good profit on boards charging less for them.

Ever heard of a micrometer? :rolleyes: Fairly simple tool.

SO what exactly does having all these ''lower quality'' (if it even does in fact have them) components do then? Because clearly, they can take an overclock seeing how I've done 5.2ghz on an I7 860 and 5.65ghz on an I3 540 with an ASRock P55 pro, their cheapest ATX P55 board.

And also, you are bitching at me for saying about eyeballing at the thickness (which isn't true as I stated), what about you? Have you looked at a P55 or X58 ASRock board and seen that they indeed have lower quality mosfet's and chokes? How do you tell? How do you know for sure?

I doubt they are making as much profit as Gigabyte, and I didn't say profit anyway. I said they are doing better than ever, which implies more sale's than ever not necessarily more profit per board. Did it ever occur to you that some larger companies like gigabyte have higher profit margins because they have their name established now and can charge extra? ASRock is in a building stage right now, they almost went under with the 775 boards so they stepped the quality up for P55's and X58's....now they are building their name up better than ever. Perhaps they just aren't ripping people off as much. But now because of A-holes like you, you keep convincing everyone that they are worthless piles of crap just because you had a bad experience perhaps with a 775 or AM2 board most likely.

Last edited:

SeN

depends if you plan to sli or cfx later on... unless you get one of those mobo's that doesn't discriminate.

87dtna

Well I just wanted to state, I just RMA'd two boards and I got a good laugh.

Sent in a Gigabyte P55-UD3R because the top x16 slot died. One week later I sent in the ASRock P55 extreme because when I tried updating the Bios for some reason it would no longer post even though it said the bios update was successful. Well, I just got a brand new P55 extreme back with the newest Bios (or I know it's atleast a different one because I marked the old one in an incuspicuous spot), still waiting on the UD3R but I do have the tracking number it's suppose to be here thursday.

So whats this about ASRock being crappy service? When I contacted tech support for the RMA I got a response to every email within a few hours (on weekdays). Gigabyte was quick too, and good service. I'm not complaining about gigabyte just stating the ASRock was even faster to get me the board back. Both RMA places were in california, so no shipping time did not account for any slow down. I shipped both USPS priority.

Last edited: