Which one is better Quad core or Duo Core?

tigger7304

I am looking to buy a laptop and I have designed a couple at HP and Dell. They are pretty much the same all around except for the processor. Maybe a difference of about $100.

One has Intel Core 2 Duo P7450 3MB Cache/ 2.13GHz/1066Mhz FSB.

The other has Intel Core i7-720 QM6MB Cache/ 1.6Ghz /1333Mhz FSB.

Which one will be better for overall performance/speed?

Thank you in advance for any input.

linkin

VIP Member
Get the second one, it will blow the other one away.

Core 2 Duo is getting old now, Core i7 is the latest and greatest!

Some more specs would help, such as memory, graphics, hard drive and so on.

tigger7304

Linkin, thank you for the input. Always good to have others opinion on this as I am not most computer savy person. I know my way around, but look to others when it comes to the "guts" and what is best.

Both have 4 GB DDR3

i7 has 1 GB Nvidia GeForce and a 250GB HD at 7200 RPM and a Blu ray

Duo core has 512MB Radeon and 320GB HD at 7200 RPM.

I thought the one with the i7 would be better just wasn't sure when I looked at 1.6 Ghz compared to 2.1 Ghz.

Jamin43

banned
The other has Intel Core i7-720 QM6MB Cache/ 1.6Ghz /1333Mhz FSB.

Which one will be better for overall performance/speed?

Core i7 is the fastest CPU technology out there right now

With revolutionary and smart technology that applies processing power where it's needed most, new Intel® Core™ i7 processors Extreme Edition deliver an incredible breakthrough in PC performance. They are the fastest laptop processors on the planet¹ that will enable you to multitask applications faster and unleash incredible digital media creation. And you'll experience smart performance for your favorite applications, thanks to the combination of Intel® Turbo Boost Technologyµ and Intel® Hyper-Threading Technology±, which maximizes performance to match your workload.

http://www.intel.com/performance/mobile/extreme/index.htm

fedochinni

i7-720QM is in a whole different league to the c2d. The i7 would compare in terms of c2d to a 3.06GHz. Thats how good it is. Normally the laptops that have this processor are really good. The alienware, Studio XPS 16 (personal fav & proud owner of one) & HP Pavillion

Aastii

VIP Member
which nvidia geforce and which ATi Radeon? Careful they aren't saying "look!!! epic CPUs!!" but putting some heap of junk GPU in that will bottleneck in games or graphics

bengal85

i7s are the best thing on the current market as they should be there speed and performance blows everything else away