Which one is better?????

cohen

Hey do you whats the difference between USB and Firewire cable when it comes to HDD camcorder?

Yes,

I'm pretty sure Firewire it quicker. But i think you have to have a Firewire port on your computer or at least a converter. But otherwise USB should be fine. Shouldn't have a problem with either of them.

But what i have just read on a google search it may be only a mac port for mac transfer only.... It also says the it is faster and i believe that is right!

But here is a link

Good Luck

Edit - I just had a look at the pics and i'm pretty sure the newer motherboards.

Last edited:

I-KILLED-U

Yes,

I'm pretty sure Firewire it quicker. But i think you have to have a Firewire port on your computer or at least a converter. But otherwise USB should be fine. Shouldn't have a problem with either of them.

But what i have just read on a google search it may be only a mac port for mac transfer only.... It also says the it is faster and i believe that is right!

But here is a link

Good Luck

Edit - I just had a look at the pics and i'm pretty sure the newer motherboards.

thank you

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Even if everything else was the same - internal hd. Why? Because it's newer! (meaning, if u need to sell it, it wont lose value as quickly).

Also, MiniDVD is MPEG2 only if i recall whereas you can get harddrive based ones are not bound to a specific encoding schema (aka mpeg4 which is exponentially more efficient on bandwidth).