Which burner is better?

DVD ± RW 8.5GB LITEON SHM-165P6S Retail

or same price

DVD ± RW 8.5GB LITE-ON 16H5S-02C Lightscribe Black+Beige - Retail

Well?

Last edited:

Geoff

VIP Member
do they both burn at the same speeds, and have the same cache size? If it does, then i would go with the Samsung.

The Astroman

Right is SHM-165P6S, left is 16H5S-02C

both1es.jpg

Last edited:

The Astroman

They're the same except for the DVD-RAM which I never use, AND the one to the right has the thing so you can label ur disks...

Also, what is "Maximum by CLV, PCAV etc.."

Syphr

I would definately get the 2nd one, because it all its features are equal to the first but, if you dont buy the lightscribe now, you're gonna wish you had when you see it. Its a really nice, feature i have it on my computer.

Its funny actually, my friend actually replaced his DVD-RW, to get it like 3 months after he bought his.. (but he's kinda stupid)

Syphr

I've only done black/white... to the best of my knowledge it doesnt do color, yet..

you can tho, get colored background disks..., and lightscribe in black onto them..
they come in red, orange, yellow, blue and green colors

The Astroman

Syphr said:
I've only done black/white... to the best of my knowledge it doesnt do color, yet..

you can tho, get colored background disks..., and lightscribe in black onto them..
they come in red, orange, yellow, blue and green colors

You need special discs to use Light Scribe?

Syphr

The Astroman said:
You need special discs to use Light Scribe?

No, I am told that you can burn on regular cd's, but I dont know, because I buy the HP LightScribe CD's/DVD's now.

I just meant, they have special ones for colouring

Geoff

VIP Member
Syphr said:
No, I am told that you can burn on regular cd's, but I dont know, because I buy the HP LightScribe CD's/DVD's now.

no, they have special ones for colouring
your wrong, they have special CD's that are capable of being burned with litescribe. You can use any cd to burn, but only the special ones can have text and images burned onto the disc.

The prices are around $8 for 10 LiteScribe CD's/DVD's.

Syphr

geoff5093 said:
your wrong, they have special CD's that are capable of being burned with litescribe. You can use any cd to burn, but only the special ones can have text and images burned onto the disc.

The prices are around $8 for 10 LiteScribe CD's/DVD's.

like I said, i dont know about other CD's, i never commited to Yes or No, but i do know that i buy 10 lightscribe CD's for $5, and 10 lightscribe DVD's for $10.

Geoff

VIP Member
Syphr said:
i buy 5 lightscribe CD's for $10, and 5 lightscribe DVD's for $20, so I think you're getting ripped off
i agree, i think there a waste of money. You'd be better off just printing your own labels in a printer.

Syphr

for now anyways,

I only use them for some things, most things are still just burned and markered. I dont want to shorten the life of my DVD-RW, just so i can write labels on everything i burn

Syphr

oh, sorry i should've look closer, No they arent

they are for use in inkjet printers, not lightscribe