• Windows

Votes: 53 82.8%
  • Linux-based

Votes: 19 29.7%
  • Mac OS

Votes: 6 9.4%

• Total voters

NyxCharon

You guys could always dual boot, and for the gaming Linux is no where near a gaming platform as Windows is but on a upside we are getting steam very soon and currently every game that comes out in the indie buddle stays in our software center.

Xen with a windows VM is the way to go. :good:

FuryRosewood

On the same computer...? -.-

Of course not, this goes across several hardware sets, Dimension 5150s and e521s along with Vostro 220s and 230s run the xp through 8 gambit. iMac and Mac Mini's running 10.5 - 10.8 though the newest mini only seems to take 10.8, kinda strange. This is all for software testing, there is no money to be made testing on Linux so...no point there for me to learn it really except if some embedded systems we test end up running it, like a NAS box.

randyman

I use Windows 7 and I am not sure if I will make the change over to Windows 8. I would like to try Windows 8 soon though.

Calin

As of now i dual boot XP with Windows 7 this is my first ever page visited in win 7 so ill see if i like it more than XP or no.

spirit

Staff member
Best way is to try and install it in 7 and find out for yourself!

I think it is time to move away from XP now. I forget when support ends for good, I think it's in about 18 months time or so, so you'll ideally need to move away before then.

Calin

Best way is to try and install it in 7 and find out for yourself!

I think it is time to move away from XP now. I forget when support ends for good, I think it's in about 18 months time or so, so you'll ideally need to move away before then.
kay ill try

AngJinhang

Ok, I use dual boot. Windows and Linux. This poll was started because I need some information for my friend that want to set up a new computer.