Which Pc do You think is better for gaming?

Which is a better build

• The cheaper option

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Curv0987

I'm getting a new budget computer and I was wondering which build most people think is better.

Attachments

• mcb.PNG
    mcb.PNG
    36.4 KB · Views: 10
  • phb.PNG
    phb.PNG
    37.3 KB · Views: 8

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Definitely go Intel and not AM3+ at this point. I would recommend getting a 500 watt psu for more headroom in case you want to upgrade video card later.

Also, don't get a micro atx case as you'll have issues with bigger video cards, get a mid tower case.
Don't get the RE4 drive, get the regular Caviar blue 64mb cache drive.

What kind of budget do you have? And what kind of games do you play or want to play?

Curv0987

Thanks for responding. I Mainly play games like ARK survival, subnaughtica, and battlefield. My MAX budget is 800 dollars.

I'm also assuming by the fact you only mentioned stuff on the more expensive setup that its better? Is that true? why wouldn't the 8 core processor be better? sorry for all the questions.

PSU meaning power supply right? reason I ask is because I've heard it called many different things.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
I'm also assuming by the fact you only mentioned stuff on the more expensive setup that its better?
Yes, overall the intel cpu is much better and you picked the better video card as well.
why wouldn't the 8 core processor be better?
Because its old and outdated. Benchmarks here. http://cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Core-i5-6500-vs-AMD-FX-8320/3513vs1983
PSU meaning power supply right?
yes.

Calin

why wouldn't the 8 core processor be better?
Due to IPC. Basically each core on the 8 core is much slower than each core on the i5, making the i5 faster.
The more expensive option is better, but I'd personally get a RX 480 over the 1060, slightly better in DX12 and it supports Crossfire while the 1060 doesn't support SLI.