which photo software?

Klyla

My OS is Windows XP, I have a Panasonic digital camera, an HP printer, and a Canon scanner.

All these devices have put programs all over my computer to process photos with, create albums, etc. I'd like to pare down to just one program to "do it all". Any suggestions?

Thanks!

red onion

Picasa
This will import your pictures from your camera or scanner, do some general editing, like cropping, enlarging, rotating and red-eye, and organize your photos. It is from Google, and has a very nice easy to use interface. Best of all it is free.

magicman

VIP Member
Nice one red onion. Never heard of that b4 but looks decent. So google are making software now......

magicman

VIP Member
Not often do I run into a Linux user. Is it any better than windows in ur opinion, or just different?

red onion

I like the freedom that Linux gives you. Right now, I have a Compaq with XPHome installed. I would like to upgrade the motherboard to an AMD64, but I cannot because the reinstall discs will not work with a motherboard that has a non-Compac bios. So I am tied to this hardware as long as I want to keep this copy of XP.
If I was using linux, there would be no problem. I have second (older)comp that I have SUSE on, and I am learning to operate it.
I like the fact that it is free, secure, and has no hassles of product activation. As far as use goes, it is just different, not that it is better, just different. If you want to give it a try, look at SUSE LINUX Live-Eval , it can be used just from the DVD, no install required.