Which power supply should i use?

kekku500

New Member
Im gonna build computer with these parts:
Hard Drive 640GB WD Caviar Black 32MB SATAII WD6401AALS
Motherboard Asus M4A79XTD EVO
CPU AMD phenom amd x4 965 ii black edition
DVD Samsung SH-S223C / BEBE
Video card SAPPHIRE RADEON HD5850 1GB GDDR5 PCI-E 16 DX11
Memory 2x A-DATA 2GB PC10600 1333MHz DDR3
Coolant Scorpion Xigmatek
Which power supply should i use?
At some time i intend to go for crossfire.
So power supply for 2x video card and 1x video card.
 
I would suggest you go for a good brand 650-700W power supply, although I'm not quite familiar with the AMD CPUs, I am guessing you're going to need around that because of the GPU (setting aside the possibility of upgrade you mentioned) and the CPU you have there. Why don't you use 2x2GB RAM as well?
 
I would recommend the Corsair HX650 for you... even the TX would be sufficient. But definitely, get a good brand as you don't want to screw up any of your pricey components.
 
Just out of curiosity, is Thermaltake reliable? Meaning if it's regarded as a "good brand" or not. I've heard good and bad comments on it, but also have remarked that although it may not be the "perfect one", it's certainly ain't the worst.
 
Just out of curiosity, is Thermaltake reliable? Meaning if it's regarded as a "good brand" or not. I've heard good and bad comments on it, but also have remarked that although it may not be the "perfect one", it's certainly ain't the worst.
Yes. Thermaltake, Antec, and Corsair are the top 3 manufacturers as far as I know. Corsair is the best though.

For low priced ones, OCZ and XClio are the best I know of.
 
Back
Top