Which PSU?

Discussion in 'Computer Cases, Power Supplies and Cooling' started by JLuchinski, Feb 2, 2017.

1. JLuchinski

JLuchinski Well-Known Member

2. beers

beers Moderator Staff Member

Either or, they're both pretty synonymous.

The lower end EVGA PSUs are pretty generic but the higher end SuperFlower based ones are fairly top tier.

3. JLuchinski

Yeah I don't have a very high budget ATM, my current PSU is failing more frequently so I'm looking for something decent in the meantime. I think I'll go with the Corsair.

4. JLuchinski

I ended up going with the EVGA, I am impressed with it for being a non-modular, the cables are nicely braided and not stiff at all and a lot longer then my previous PSU.

5. The VCR King

The VCR King Well-Known Member

Wait wait SuperFlower units are GOOD?

To me, SuperFlower sounds like a cheap gimmicky brand name...

6. JLuchinski

Well ffs, I thought I resolved my issue when my computer froze, out of the blue tonight. Guess it wasn't the old PSU after all. The only part I have not changed is my GPU, would that cause random crashes?

7. Intel_man

Intel_man VIP Member

Are you hardlocking or are you getting a BSOD? Hardlocks are hard to narrow down the root of the problem unless you can figure out a pattern on when it likes to hardlock.

8. JLuchinski

It's a hard lock, it does it completely randomly. My keyboard and mouse would also sometimes just quit working as well, this is a pickle.

9. Okedokey

Okedokey Well-Known Member

Have a look at your reliability monitor and see what application or process is dropping when it crashes.

10. JLuchinski

I turned off hardware acceleration in Firefox about 2 weeks ago and it hasn't happened since.

11. mistersprinkles

mistersprinkles Active Member

Does it always crash with Firefox open? (Cough.. CHROME... cough) sorry had a frog in my throat.

12. JLuchinski

It did until I turned off hardware acceleration, I tried Chrome, didn't like the interface.

13. mistersprinkles

mistersprinkles Active Member

Chrome is life.