Which ultra compact to chose?

Zlatan

I'm looking to buy an ultra compact digital camera for myself, and, quite frankly, I need some help because although most of the options are good, none really jumps out at me and says "buy me".

My budget is around 200 €, give or take, for just the camera itself, without the memory card or case, that's around 280-300 $, but I live in Europe, Bosnia to be more exact, so the prices are a much higher than in the US.

I don't need a camera that has a a lot of manual options, the more it does itself the better.

I've been looking around and found a few cameras that fit into my demands.

I've found the Panasonic DMC-FS3 (250 US$) which I like because I read it has good picture quality, it has image stabilization, decent screen, SDHC memory cards arent too expensive, but on the downside it only has 3x optical zoom.

Sony W120 (around 270 $ with case) has decent photo quality, image stabilization, 4x optical zoom, smile shutter, but memory stick duo pro memory cards are more expensive, the lcd on it only has 115.000 dots, and the video time limit is 10 minutes.

I also found the Canon Ixus 80 (290 $), which I read has good picture quality, has image stabilization, no video time limit, and overall is a good camera, uses SD memory cards, but only has 3x zoom.

Then, Olympus FE-360 (290 $), which has 8 mp, no video limit, bud uses xd cards, which are more expesive here, has 3x optical zoom and only digital image stabilization

And finally the Nikon S210 (280 $), which I know the least about, it has 8 MP, 230.000 2.5 inch LCD, uses SD cards, but it only has electronic image stabilization and 3x optical zoom.

Hopefully that wasnt too boring for you to read, and you can give me some advice or suggest something else.

alexyu

I have a Fujifilm f47FD
• Face Detection Technology built-in to the camera’s processor
• RP (Real Photo) processor II and new Super CCD HR VI
• ISO 2000 sensitivity at full resolution
• 9 million pixels
• 3.0x optical zoom
• Long-life battery (up to 300 shots)
• IR Communication (IR simple)
• VGA movie capture of 30 frames per second with sound
• PictBridge compatible for direct printing without a PC
• xD/SD compatible slot for both xD-picture card and Secure Digital (SD) card

I got it one year ago for like 160 euros, from Romania, so it would be a good choice for you.

Zlatan

I have a Fujifilm f47FD
• Face Detection Technology built-in to the camera’s processor
• RP (Real Photo) processor II and new Super CCD HR VI
• ISO 2000 sensitivity at full resolution
• 9 million pixels
• 3.0x optical zoom
• Long-life battery (up to 300 shots)
• IR Communication (IR simple)
• VGA movie capture of 30 frames per second with sound
• PictBridge compatible for direct printing without a PC
• xD/SD compatible slot for both xD-picture card and Secure Digital (SD) card

I got it one year ago for like 160 euros, from Romania, so it would be a good choice for you.

TBH I dont think I've seen a single place where you can buy Fuji digital cameras here :D