Which Video Card Should I Get?

J-G-B

I just bought a new desktop at a good price, the performance is great but it has onboard graphics.

I want to get a video card but I don't know what I should get, thats where you guys come in.

I want something that will utilize my sytem to its fullest, but I also want my system to use the video card to its fullest, I don't want the video card to be too good that I can't harness its power, I also don't want to upgrade my power supply.

I am looking to spend around $70-$120.

The case is huge so I don't need to worry about it taking up too much space, I don't care if it runs hot because I have good airflow in the room, and I don't care about it being loud, just pure performance and price.

The only thing that needs to be considered is that my power supply is only 400 Watts.

My System specs:

Asus Essentio CG5275-AR003

Processor:
Intel® Core™ i5

Processor Speed:
3.2GHz (with Turbo Boost up to 3.46GHz)

System Bus:
1333MHz

Cache Memory:
4MB on die Level 2

System Memory (RAM):
8GB

System Memory (RAM) Expandable To:
16GB

Type of Memory (RAM):
DDR3

Hard Drive Type:
SATA (7200 rpm)

Hard Drive Size:
1TB

Graphics:
Intel® HD

Video Memory:
Up to 1759MB (shared)

Audio:
High-definition support with 8-channel (7.1) capability

Network Card:
Built-in 10/100/1000 Mbps Fast Ethernet (RJ-45 connector)

Recordable DVD Drive:
double-layer DVD±RW/CD-RW

Recordable DVD Drive Speeds:
8x DVD+R DL; 8x DVD-R DL; 16x8x16 DVD+RW; 16x6x16 DVD-RW; 5x DVD-RAM; 48x32x48 CD-RW

Available Expansion Bays:
External: 1 (5.25"); Internal: 1 (3.5")

Available Expansion Slots:
2 PCI, 1 PCI-E x16

USB 2.0 Ports:
10 (4 front, 6 rear)

Operating System:
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

HDMI Output

ZER0X

VIP Member
Your PSU only being 400W restricts you a lot, I would recommend a Nvidia GTS 250 but the minimum PSU requirements is 450W :S.

danthrax

I would go with a Radeon 5750 for that price range. It would be in your best interest to upgrade your PSU though. What brand is your current 400W?

Mez

You would need to upgrade your PSU if you were to push on torwards a gaming Video Card.

J-G-B

Thanks for the replies guys, I think im just gonna wait until the next batch of realy good graphics cards come out, that way the semi-old ones will be even cheaper and maybe newegg will have a good deal on a PSU