which video card do you recommend for this system:

AMD 64 3000+ (754)
GIGABYTE "GA-K8NS" mobo
2* 512mb kingmax ddr 3200 400
dvd burner
cd burner
WD 160 gb SATA hdd
Sound blaster live sound card

I will use it for limited gaming (far cry and call of duty), but I will be leaving in May so my parents will only use it for word processing, internet, solitare, nothing with intensive video usage. I don't mind playing these games on low settings for 2 months, I just need a reliable video card to replace the geforce 5700le that is giving me problems. I hope to spend less than $100 maybe around $50-70

Thanks,
Sven

Adam Warren

geforce fx 5700le, thats what i have now, its great for small games, if your going to go into heavy gaming, get something more high scale! :)

kermit

Try the Asylum 5200 it's a cheaper card and can run COD just fine. I don't know about Far Cry never tried it. I've seen it on Ebay for as low as $30 but averages around $50-70. Retail $150.

Echo_

id go with a ATI in that price range the 9xxx (maybe 9600 or 9800se?) series beats teh snot outta the gforce fx series.

ZER0X

VIP Member
I don't know about Far Cry never tried it

You can run Farcry on medium, low graphics with a Radeon9200

id go with a ATI in that price range the 9xxx (maybe 9600 or 9800se?) series beats teh snot outta the gforce fx series.

That its true

nevinenigma

Well since you only are going to use it for two months, stick with the 5700le, buy a case fan and maybe a pci exhaust and just overclock the card, I only bought 1 case fan blowing above my 5700le and I was able to get the core clocked +80 bringing it to 330mhz, and the memory another 120 bringing it to 520mhz. This should last 2 months then when you leave you can set it back to default speeds so absolutely no worry about it overheating.