Which Vista OS should I get?

Mez

No, im not going back to xp =P I want to try something new. Should I get vista home basic 32, or 64 - bit?

M0LD0V4N

It's Free, Well most of them Are. The only problem is you cannot run windows software directly you need to use a Emulator called wine.

mac550

yeah i would go for Linux but my games wont work on it :( and yeah all versions of Linux are free although with some they do charge but its for support, they dont charge for the OS itself. If you want to get vista then go for Home Premium, NEVER go for Home Basic.

jdbennet

yeah home basic has no aero, which is the main appeal of vista

home premium is good, its about on a par with XP MCE in terms of features

business is a must if you:

a) want to upgrade from xp pro
b) are on a corporate network so need domain support etc...

but business doesnt have the media centre stuff and no solitare!

ultimate isnt worth it unless you really need media centre and domain support together

vista x64 is good. A hell of a lot better than xp x64

with premium, i think you have to send away (fere i think) to get the x64 disc

jdbennet

you can inslall them from the cd though, but there the standard ones not the premium ones e.g you get minesweeper and sol but not chess titans etc...

sg1

Premium is the one that nearly all retailers seem to have on their machines in the shops but as I have only used Ultimate , I can't comment on whether Premium would have enough features for you.

patrickv

Vista Business has no games, if anything i say Ultimate :p

Cohen, Cohen......of course it doesn't
Business was NOT intended for GAME or HOME audience/ users.
Business was made For corporate network, working environment etc etc. strictly BUSINESS

Last edited: