which wireless router is good

Dngrsone

VIP Member
Netgear units tend to overheat.

The Linksys I had (many years ago) didn't work well with my firewall. As a standalone (with its own limited firewall) it seemed to work well.

I haven't used a Cisco.

Stairsnpairs

Those examples you gave are from personal experience.

Not all Netgear units overheat, lol

The original poster needs much more help than that if he is going to buy a router. :) (You have a link that says "how to answer questions the smart way" ;) )

Anyways, all router brands are basically the same. The only difference is the software they use.

What the original poster needs to do is give us more detailed references to how big his house is, what computers he has, whether or not they have wireless adapters, and what the OP is willing to pay.

Then, we help the OP choose what brand is better based on price, features, antennas, etc.

Last edited:

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
As far as I'm concerned, this router is the best and I've never had any issues with them.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833124190

33-124-190-TS

I'm going to hate it when these aren't made anymore. When one of my clients need a router, this is what I get them. I think wireless N is so overrated in my opinion. Most users can't benefit from it.

Dngrsone

VIP Member
Those examples you gave are from personal experience.

Not all Netgear units overheat, lol

A) Any answer is better than no answer.

B) I made it kind of clear this is from personal experience, and my personal experience (five different Netgear routers, call me a glutton for punishment) dictates that Netgear routers overheat with regular use.

C) Take the condescension down a notch.

D) 'lol' is neither legitimate nor recognized punctuation in any English language.

bunty606

Thank u all of u guys.
As far as my OS is concern i have XP and vista, and build in adapter.
as far as house is concern it is single unit house.I am looking for something which is good in quality.
If netgear u recommend which model.

bunty606

i bought netgear N300 WNR 2000, its really cheap just $50. it has return policy on it.tell me how is this router