Who here works with computers for a living?

Yoonsi

If so, what do you do?, and how long have you been doing it?
Just wondering how many people here actually have employment assosciated with computers. I myself work at BURGER KING! :D (I'm 16, first job, can't blame me :) )

Maddhatter

i sorta do....im in my last year for commercial art and i do some drawings for my brother in laws tattoo business

Arm_Pit

banned
well as a side job, that sometimes i'll get 50$ a month, or several hundred a month, I do web design stuff, mostly working with CMS's and forums.

leetkyle

I don't technically "work" with them however my brother owns a webcafe and my dad works in Computer Science and owns a media streaming company so I'm in constant contact.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Me.

Programmer, technical consultant, computer sales, servicing and IT implementation.

A long time.
:)

Bobo

banned
I do paying work with computers...but as of right now I don't have a real job. Just a repairman/computer builder/random stuff.

SFR

Truth fears no questions
I am a software architect, software developer and software tester. I also write documentation and help with software installations and support.

I have been doing this professionally for 15 months! :D ..it is amazing how much I have learned (on the job) in such a short period of time.

Trizoy

VIP Member
I work my 12 hrs shift creating flight plans for International private jet aircraft on a unix system... Yes unix. :(

SirKenin

banned
I've been in computers for 18 years. I have programmed in basic and assembly language, studied binary and computer electronics in college, taught computers to students grade 4-8 including special ed, done tech support, worked for computer stores, done web development, run chatrooms and communities with forums, etc. Currently I run my own business doing IT, tech support, hardware and software sales, service and installations. I do virus/spyware/adware removal, networking etc. My business encompasses servers, workstations, desktops, laptops, printers, photocopiers, RIPs, UPS'. I sell and service new and used equipment.

In my office my personal playtoy is a file/FTP/fax server, DHCP/DNS/AD server, both running W2K Advanced Server, a firewall running smoothwall, 2 P4 workstations (running Win XP and Vista), a printer server running W2K, a laptop running Win XP, a Bay Networks 16 port switch, a Linksys wireless router, an HP Officejet multifunction, a Lexmark laser printer, an HP Scanjet pagefeed scanner, an HP Color Laserjet network printer and a Lexmark Optra 3 tray network laser printer, along with an Expressvu satellite receiver, an APC UPS and 2 Powerware Prestige UPS'. I use these as my tools to learn more.

Last edited:

JFHuff

I work for Fairfax County Government in Virginia working on the FFX and PUBLIC networks as well as general maintance and troublshooting of pcs and servers in office and at off-sites around the county. Not to mention im only 18 and just out of high school. Currently going to ITT Tech for Communication and Electronics Engineering.

daygowop

I am in school for Computer Science. im only a sophmore but had an intern. over the summer basically being an IT support guy, but now I work for my school as Student Systems Administrator. I work with about 50 servers.

patrickv

re

Yes i work with thr Technology department as a support officer (we do all crap..only a little bit of networking)

still wondering how to install a wireless antenna !

DCIScouts

VIP Member
I work as a computer sales associate, and am kinda the resident computer repair technician for a lot of my friends... (no charge, of course :p)

Burgerbob

I build for my community, and help my parents and teachers with their problems (pop up window comes up, "Your file has been saved. [OK]" "what do i click?", the teacher asks.) Someday i may go pro, but im planning on a computer science minor in college and therefore a little more computer work.

footballstevo75

i fix/build friends and families pc's, for free

and i've designed about 10 websites for some small businesses, and I make photo presentations for funerals/reunions, and business presentations for certain things

oh yeah, both of my cousins work for microsoft, my one cousin as a summer internship, and another as some type of contract, one in college, one just got out

MONKEY BOY

hmmm my turn

im studying cert III in networking admin
i work in a pizza store .... ah hate
i work part time as a sound tech for a Live PA company
i have my own webserver one on site (my house) one in sydney
i host 2 sites
theharddrive.org
and runninintothelight.com
i do random boring jobs (ie securing wifi networks) hmm i need to write a tute on that
yeah thats bout it

o and yeah im 16 my friends are still in diapers (so to speak)