Who owns Mozilla?

starhawk

I've heard a rumor that Microsoft owns a controlling stake in Mozilla. Is this true? Where are the facts to support this?

EGS

banned
I use Chrome, it's quite good but it still needs a NoScript like on Firefox for extra security and the all-important ad blocking.
Don't ever say that again. :mad:
I can't believe you guys use NoScript. Don't you understand it's thanks to ads that sites like this one are free? :mad:

Ugh. **** FireFox. :mad:

bengal85

I thought that Mozilla was a part of Linux but I am not sure I know that Firefox comes pre installed with the new version of Ubuntu. I used google chrome for two weeks and uninstalled it because I thought it was CRAP I dont know maybe its better now but I wont use it until I have to

2600GHz

Well Firefox, like Linux, is open source, so it is used on Linux as it's respected in the open source community.

bengal85

yeah that is true but I forget that firefox is opensource. is there any other open source browser out there that would work with Linux or is firefix the only one

lawson_jl

I highly disagree that Firefox is superour to IE. Frankly I'll stick with IE7 (IE8 when the beta is done). All the plugins do is take up memory and add to the memory leak that has plagued Firefox since 2.0. For the record I do have firefox installed with a couple of add-ons for comparision so I'm not just saying crap.

2048Megabytes

I would take Mozilla Firefox Version 3.0.6 any day over Internet Explorer. Microsoft owns most operating systems on computers so it's good to see someone else beat them at an Internet browser.

I wish Macintosh would get their act together and make an operating system that would run on most personal computer hardware.

2600GHz

Well, 2048Megabytes, if Apple loses the lawsuit with Pystar then that could very easily become a reality. There are also European companies which say they can't be sued by Apple for selling PCs with OS X but we'll just have to wait and see how that one goes I guess.

In the mean time, I'll just use OSx86 :p