Why call it neweggs?

Geoff

VIP Member
Now why the hell would they do that? Does that make ANY sense to you WHATSOEVER, because it sure doesn't make sense to anyone else, especially not me considering I'm in retail. Did you think that one through before you posted it? ;)

You don't raise prices to be "fair" to a foreign market. You drop prices to be competitive in your market. By your suggestion, they screw their entire US market and lose marketshare to their competition because they don't want a fledgling market in another part of the world, with different economic conditions, to feel "ripped".

lol. :D Funniest thing I've read all day. All they have to do is make sure their pricing is competitive with the market they are entering.

Too funny.
What I meant was, say now they sell the X2 3800+ for $150. And then in the UK they sell them for around $200 USD. Instead of making them really extreme, they raise the prices in the US to around $155-$160, to off set the raises in other countries.

I'm not saying they will, it was simply a thought that could potentially happen.

SirKenin

banned
All your doing is saying im wrong, Without stating any facts either? It is a commem buisness pratice, It is better to have two growing and thriving stores then one.

It's ok pal. Listen. Repeating yourself over and over again without backing yourself up doesn't make your statements any more correct. Don't worry about it. It's not a big deal. Merely something to chat about. It's not worth losing any sleep over it, that's for sure. :)

Arm_Pit

banned
It's ok pal. Listen. Repeating yourself over and over again without backing yourself up doesn't make your statements any more correct. Don't worry about it. It's not a big deal. Merely something to chat about. It's not worth losing any sleep over it, that's for sure. :)
You are not stating a single fact either, you have been restating the same thing from the begging also. Your proof to be being wrong is what you say. So far we both have the same resources. Ourselves. Repeating yourself, and talking big does not make me wrong.

SirKenin

banned
You are not stating a single fact either, you have been restating the same thing from the begging also. Your proof to be being wrong is what you say. So far we both have the same resources. Ourselves. Repeating yourself, and talking big does not make me wrong.

Ok.. Let's clarify and then we can let it drop. You made the assertions. I didn't. Therefore the onus is on you to back them up. It's not my job to back up your claims. See what I'm getting at?

Anyways... We might as well just let it go.. I think we might be hijacking the thread... :eek:

YEA_PC_PHONICS

SirKenin is most defenitly right. lets put it this way. your selling lemonade on your street for 25 cents and your competitors on you street are selling thiers for 30 cents. on the next street over lemonade goes for 50 cents. so when you add another lemonade stand on the next street you dont raise you original price to 40 and make the new one 40 ou keep the original 25 and make the new one just below compitition in this case 40. sorry if that doesnt ,make sense to you. it does in my 16 year old brain.

Geoff

VIP Member
hmm...maybe i should change the title. haha >.<

Ya, sorry about that, we got a bit off-topic here.

I don't know why they call it Newegg, but if you really think about it, alot of companies have weird names that don't make much sense.

Arm_Pit

banned
SirKenin is most defenitly right. lets put it this way. your selling lemonade on your street for 25 cents and your competitors on you street are selling thiers for 30 cents. on the next street over lemonade goes for 50 cents. so when you add another lemonade stand on the next street you dont raise you original price to 40 and make the new one 40 ou keep the original 25 and make the new one just below compitition in this case 40. sorry if that doesnt ,make sense to you. it does in my 16 year old brain.

I'm not saying make them the same. Read my examples.

it would be more like, in street one lemonade is going for 30 and street 2 is 50. your selling yours for 35 on street 2, but you cant go much lower then 30 for street one, so you make yours 25, and to make up the cost on street 2 you make yours 40, so that way both are still less then your competition.

@SirKenin you were the first to say someone was wrong, not I(Omega) I was just agreeign with omega and happan to know hes right.