Why do I have so many Chrome processes running?

JohnJSal

I've noticed on my Task Manager that I have a ton of chrome.exe processes running, even immediately after I open Chrome (and haven't done any browsing yet). They don't correspond to tabs, because it shows this even when only one tab is open. Does anyone know what causes this, and if it's normal?

Thanks.

Attachments

• process.jpg
    process.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 4,268

JohnJSal

what the ...?You must change web browser use Firefox Mozilla fox is good.Never let you down :D

That's what I used to use. I switched to Chrome to try it out and just stuck with it for a while. The separate processes may look ugly, but apparently it helps keep everything modular so a problem in one place doesn't affect another place, and it helps you open more tabs without getting sluggish.

S.T.A.R.S.

banned
It is good they made it that way so if something crashes,it won't crash everything else what is currently being executed in Chrome.
But it is bad since you have tons of Chrome processes running and that eats RAM and CPU.That is important for those with weak computers lol.I mean REALLY REALLY WEAK :D

If they have made only 1 process of Chrome and put everything running in that one process and ALSO catched all possible runtime and logical errors during it's usage and used dispose methods where neccessary to remove unneccessary things from being executed then on that way you would have only 1 process of Chrome running and also it would not eat RAM and CPU much at all and it would work great even on 15 years old computers.That is how I do things.

Mishkin

I'm another former Firefox user that switched to Chrome just to try it about a year ago. I like both, but I'm used to Chrome now so I use that. I've wondered for a long time myself why Chrome opens so many processes of itself, and never bothered to look it up.

So thanks for this! Sounds good and makes sense.