Why do I have to install flash every day in chrome?

johnnyb58

It only happens when I watch the news and only with a few networks like CBS and ABC. If I see a story that I want to see without reinstalling flash, all I have to do is google the story and watch it usually in the same news that said I needed to install flash.

It’s just getting suspicious and I wonder if it’s a way to collect information from me.

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
You don't need to install flash. Flash is built into Chrome. It's probably just asking you to enable it.

You can set Chrome to automatically not block Flash pages in the settings.

johnnyb58

You don't need to install flash. Flash is built into Chrome. It's probably just asking you to enable it.

You can set Chrome to automatically not block Flash pages in the settings.
Oh OK Thanks, I thought that I read chrome already had flash, but was confused when I kept being asked. I'll give that try thank again.

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
To enable Flash automatically, go into Settings>Show Advanced Settings. Under Privacy click Content Settings and scroll down to Flash and choose Allow Sites to Run Flash

johnnyb58

To enable Flash automatically, go into Settings>Show Advanced Settings. Under Privacy click Content Settings and scroll down to Flash and choose Allow Sites to Run Flash
Oh WOW! you must have read my mind because I couldn't find it. LOL. Anyway that will do it Thanks again.