Why do you need a case?

Status
Not open for further replies.

andyobmonkey

i have seen a system not in a case, just strewn out on the table, and it worked, but i think a case is still a better option!

tristan

Building a system out of case is done a lot of times to resolve or prevent grounding issues. It does keep your system a bit cooler so for those going for benchmark results, typically do out of box testing.

You dont really NEED a case but having all that equipment exposed is not safe or smart.

Grimulus

well, if you want to do something for super overclocking then you can take your mobo out and put a funnel around your processor and pour liquid nitrogen on your processor. that's the only thing that i have seen with overclocking that invovles your comp being removed from the case. In fact, a good fan setup in your case will keep air flowing out much better and keep things much more cool for your parts than if it(mobo) was standing alone running without any fans. it's better to have a case unless you are just messing around like tom's hardware with their 5ghz project(which they achieved easily, read it.)

Grimulus

let me clarify something, you don't have case fans, then it's a bad idea to let it swelter in the case. so yeah it's good to have a case if you have fans. :p I would never let my mobo stand alone outside of a case...EVER. if you do have to take it out for whatever reason make sure it's cold and has good air circulation where ever you happen to be.(fan or something on it)i think it's a bad idea but yeah, it's not my money it's yours.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Dont serious overclockers run there computer without a case?
Unless there one of the every luck people with vapor units (which is a really small percentage), no. The reason: EMI shielding: the case was designed for two things: (1) holding everything and (2) shielding from external EMI

I maybe wrong but I think I read it in some book on overclocking.
Damn Jimbob can read? This is new.... -discussion terminated-

Status
Not open for further replies.