Why does everyone seem to use newegg?

tshedmd

New Member
Hello all,
I'm a newby (obvious), Why do the majority of build ideas use newegg for pricing and set -ups? I have found that tiger direct is cheaper, has better info on the site, and better pics for components.
Thanks.
 
I find newegg easier to use, tiger seems a bit crowded and messy. Also newegg has really fast shipping along with over a million product reviews.
 
Newegg has great customer service, really fast shipping, and from my experience their prices are the best on almost everything. There are a few exceptions like cables and small accessories.
 
newegg is just easy for people, they can see the reviews. It is very easy to use and to find the products people are looking for.

i use it for a lot of builds i do because i can do a build in a few minis.
 
Fast, good prices, good customer support, good RMA department and they have a ton of s**t! :D

Nice thread...I like that:cool:

XION II case
ASUS P5N-E 650i mobo
Intel Q9300 @ 2.875 GHz
Corsair XMS2 Pro 4 x 1 GB
Evga 9800 GTX @ 750 MHz
Antec Neo Power 650w
 
Last edited:
I have made about a dozen orders from NewEgg.com. They have excellent customer service, fast shipping, and great prices.

Once I wanted to return an optical drive that was out of warranty by about a month. They did a return merchandise authorization for me anyway. Great customer service!
 
I like newegg because of the reputation it has. I have never bought anything from there, but if i needed a part, i would definitely go there because of what i hear from others... :)
 
Sure, tiger direct is cheaper, but like many others, I find tigerdirect VERY cluttered and hard to use, plus many people write fake reviews on items. NewEgg is very well organized, easy to use, and SHOWS PROOF that someone who wrote the review BOUGHT the item from them.
 
Follow up

Maybe you guys can help me with this mix of equipment for my first build. I need it for pictures and some gaming. Comparing the same equipment is as follows: tiger price/ newegg price for the same gear:

EVGA nForce 680i SLI Motherboard CPU Bundle - Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 Processor 2.40GHz OEM, OCZ SLI-Ready Edition Dual Channel 4096MB PC6400 DDR2 800MHz Memory (2 x 2048MB) $399.99 /$413.97

EVGA GeForce 8800 GT Video Card - Superclocked Edition, 512MB GDDR3, PCI Express 2.0, SLI Ready, (Dual Link) Dual DVI, HDTV, Video Card $134.99/??

Coolmax / CXI-600B / 600-Watt / ATX / 120mm Fan / SATA-Ready / SLI-Ready / 20/24-Pin / Power Supply $64.99/$69.99

Western Digital Caviar SE16 500GB Hard Drive - 7200, 16MB, SATA-300, OEM $74.99 /$89.99


I Couldn't compare the following equipment for the rest of my build:

Thermaltake WingRS 101 Black Mid-Tower ATX Case with Front USB and Audio Ports $49.99

Masscool 8W553 / Socket 775 / Aluminum / CPU Cooling Fan $23.99
Keyboard and Mouse: $29.99


Please let me know what you think of this build and if it is worth the extra $$$ to buy from newegg?
Thanks ;)
 
Newegg is faster than Tiger (I'm in CT - they're in NJ) so I usually get my orders within 1-3 days. Tiger takes longer and the prices are usually higher.
 
I like newegg, for only my mobo, RAM, HD, and PSU, because they have no doubt the cheapest price for all of them, but i like tiger for the GFX card, HD, and DVD Drive I just prefer tiger, because if i find it online i can go to compusa and buy it there, and go home, save me ALOT of waiting..:D, and for fans and lights everyone should use Xoxide.com... BEST PRICE BEST EVERY CASE ACCESSORY.. they even have things Newegg doesn't have... and same type of shippnig as new egg, ordered my things monder, got em today..:D
 
Newegg has the best looking layout, it's easy to narrow down a search, they have excellent customer service, and orders almost always arrive in 2-3 days.
 
I like newegg, for only my mobo, RAM, HD, and PSU, because they have no doubt the cheapest price for all of them, but i like tiger for the GFX card, HD, and DVD Drive I just prefer tiger, because if i find it online i can go to compusa and buy it there, and go home, save me ALOT of waiting..:D, and for fans and lights everyone should use Xoxide.com... BEST PRICE BEST EVERY CASE ACCESSORY.. they even have things Newegg doesn't have... and same type of shippnig as new egg, ordered my things monder, got em today..:D

I'm sketchy when it comes to Xoxide because I've heard they aren't very reliable.
 
I find newegg easier to use, tiger seems a bit crowded and messy. Also newegg has really fast shipping along with over a million product reviews.

agreed. Tigerdirect has adds everywhere and the layout just isn't as simple as neweggs. The prices are about the same really some cheaper on newgg some cheaper on tigerdirect. Plus the you can't beat the free/fast shipping from newegg.
 
newegg is just easy for people, they can see the reviews. It is very easy to use and to find the products people are looking for.

i use it for a lot of builds i do because i can do a build in a few minis.


Newegg ships to Australia? :confused:
 
Back
Top